Inherited audio equipment-where can I find out what it is worth?

cab

I recently inherited some audio equipment and am trying to find out the current values prior to selling. Is there a blue book or the like available somewhere for audio equipment? Thanks...

Phil A

Yes - I believe you can obtain access to it via Audiogon or perhaps someone who is a member can give you values.  You can also look to see if someone is selling the same items.

Phil A

Here is the link and you can subscribe as noted or someone who does can potentially look it up for you -   http://cgim.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/srch_bb.pl?blue+book&zzANY

cab

Seems you have to be a subscriber to access the audiogon blue book. Some of the items I can not find for sale...

Phil A

Seems you have to be a subscriber to access the audiogon blue book. Some of the items I can not find for sale...

Correct.  I do not.  Perhaps if you can post the list someone who is a subscriber can either reply or send you a message

cab

Maybe someone here can give me some idea?

Here are some of the items:

Mcintosh amp 2100
Mcintosh cd player mcd 7008
monster power htps 7000
Arcam AVP 700
thiel cs6 speakers

Thanks for any help....

mix4fix

• Volunteer
  • I reject your music, and substitute my own.
Why don't you just use the gear???

cab

Why don't you just use the gear???

family members want to sell and split the money.....

JakeJ

Give me a couple of minutes, cab, and I'll have the prices for you.  I'll send them via PM.
JakeJ

JakeJ

PM sent.

cab

Thank you! Much appreciated....

Mag

I recently inherited some audio equipment and am trying to find out the current values prior to selling. Is there a blue book or the like available somewhere for audio equipment? Thanks...

That's why I'm not going to put my stereo in my will. I would rather just give it all away to a true audiophile who would enjoy the system as is, instead of partitioning everything up and selling it with no appreciation of what went into building the system. :nono:

cab

That's why I'm not going to put my stereo in my will. I would rather just give it all away to a true audiophile who would enjoy the system as is, instead of partitioning everything up and selling it with no appreciation of what went into building the system. :nono:

Thanks for the helpful reply....