Question for V1 owners

mc9597

Question for V1 owners
« on: 19 Jun 2010, 07:53 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just finished putting together the majority of the V1s and have the coax driver playing.  So far so good, but wanted to know if anyone could share the proper way to wire the servo subs from the amps?  I must have misplaced the original guidance, but would appreciate if anyone could describe or diagram how to wire the servo subs from the amp.

Sounding good with just the coaxs playing with my old sub.  Thanks in advance and I look forward to posting pics and impressions once I have them properly assembled.

persisting1

Re: Question for V1 owners
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2010, 07:54 pm »
Those look great  :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2010, 08:06 pm »
Wire the two servo sensing coils in series.  These should be wired +, -, +, -, the first and last go to the servo board input.

Wire the woofers in parallel.  The one facing you is wired in normal polarity and the one facing away from you in reverse polarity.  So these would be wired +, -
                                                         -, +
One side each goes to the amp outputs.

Hope this helps.

BTW, really like the V1 cabinets!   :D

ebag4

« Reply #3 on: 19 Jun 2010, 08:34 pm »
Nice job on the V-1s  :thumb:.  You're going to love them!!  Danny posted the wiring diagram here:
http://www.gr-research.com/pdf/V-1%20OB%20woofer%20wiring.pdf

Best,
Ed

Nick77

« Reply #4 on: 19 Jun 2010, 08:43 pm »
Man those look great, i like the simplier lines.  :thumb: :thumb:

Was that a flat pak or did you design them?

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #5 on: 19 Jun 2010, 10:20 pm »
Very nice!, I like the lines also....your gonna love them.

Caught my daughter listening to Nickleback on mine today while I was out.....a band I would not
normally have playing.
After I scoulded her......there is another system she can use.....I kept the CD and
started to listen....WOW.....the drum kit was right in front of me, crisp clear and just pounding.
The guitar was just amazing.....
Going to get that CD....hehe
Wait till you get those subs up.....it will bring those babies to life.
Enjoy!!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jun 2010, 10:23 pm »
After I scoulded her......there is another system she can use.....Enjoy!!

Scold her?  Share the hobby!  Teach her how to use it properly and let her fly solo.  There are much worse things she could do when your gone...

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #7 on: 19 Jun 2010, 11:03 pm »
I do spend time with her........she prob already knows too much...lol

The "other sytem" she can use anytime is My Sunfire equipment hooked to a pair of
60" arrays.....
I just dont feel comfortable with her messin with my tube gear when I'm not home....

mc9597

« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2010, 01:38 am »
Thanks for the link to the wiring diagram.  Now I have the complete system going and will add the no-rez at a later date.  You were right PDR, the subs add a whole new dimension to the speakers that I didn't fully realize until they were on.  I have never heard bass that is so deep and tuneful and doesn't load the room at all.

I'll get some hours on them before I write anything in depth.  For now, thanks to Danny for the Kit and The Ninja for assembling the xovers.  Very promising initially as they are playing some Rush and Andrea Bocelli. 

Cheers