A STEAL OF A DEAL!!

Wind Chaser

A STEAL OF A DEAL!!
« on: 14 Jun 2010, 06:20 am »
I just bought a used K-7 for $800, not a bad deal considering the original owner paid just over $1800 a year ago.  Now you can buy a brand new K-7 for $764 with free shipping at B&H.  :o

The K-7 is a 'semi pro' 14.6 MP DSLR.  The build quality uncompromising with over 70 weather and dust proof seals in a compact magnesium alloy body.  This means you can keep shooting when everyone else is forced to pack up because of wet weather or similar situations.  The shutter is unbelievably quiet.  You won't find anything as quiet for less than $5000.  This allows for discreet shooting where a regular DSLR would be too loud.  It's the only camera I know of that comes with a spirit level that ensures level horizons.  In short this camera is packed with many features that separates it from everything else at its price point and far beyond.

In comparison my K-x feels like a toy.  The K-7 is a serious shooting machine and a steal of a deal for $764.  And no, I do not work for B&H Camera.

low.pfile

Re: A STEAL OF A DEAL!!
« Reply #1 on: 14 Jun 2010, 06:59 am »
That's a crazy deal. A replacement must be coming soon? Why didn't you go for the b&h deal for a new cam? Helping out a friend? Enjoy your new K7!

A quiet shutter is a big benefit--unfortunately my D700 has the loudest shutter in the world! I was using a D70 recently(now owned by a friend) and noticed how quiet the shutter was.

Btw the D700 and Canon D7 have elec. levels.

Wind Chaser

Re: A STEAL OF A DEAL!!
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2010, 08:59 am »
That's a crazy deal. A replacement must be coming soon? Why didn't you go for the b&h deal for a new cam? Helping out a friend?

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and B&H just announced their deal less than 24 hours ago.  Also here in Canada, cameras and lenses cost ridiculously more (40~60%) even though CAD is almost at par with USD.  Seriously, a K-7 without a kit lens sells for $1200 to $1300 here in Canada, so I figured $800 was a pretty decent deal considering the camera only has 3000 actuations (rated for (100,000).  The only up shot is Nikon and Pentax warranties come standard 2 years here instead of one.

Rumor is Pentax has something up their sleeve that will debut at Photokina, but they have been very tight lipped.  For my own purposes, between the X and 7, I'm set.  The only thing I lack now is a WR lens or two for shooting in the rain or when I'm taking a shower...  :lol: