SOLD / Acoustic Zen Adagio ~ Mappa Burl / SOLD

ludimagis

SOLD / Acoustic Zen Adagio ~ Mappa Burl / SOLD
« on: 13 Jun 2010, 08:03 pm »
Highly praised Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers in beautiful Mappa Burl. Seems that every publication has raved about them, and deservedly so!

They sounded wonderful; full, dynamic, and extremely articulate in a very natural way, with my Pass First Watt Aleph J (25w/ch) & LFD (60w/ch) amps.

One speaker has 2 cosmetic flaws on a rear side edge. I bought them this way (I'm the 2nd owner) The edge dents are approx. 1/3" long and 1/8" pushed in; even on close inspection they are not very noticeable and from the listener seat they can't be seen. The other speaker has an even smaller dent on a rear side edge and a slight surface of the lacquer scratch about 2" on the side panel. Truly a beautiful pair of speakers, even with these small, hard to notice dings. Otherwise they are in very good condition. They are functionally 100%.

Bargain priced to sell because of the small dings. (I would rate them 9/10 if not for those dings.

They are securely double boxed (18" x 18" x 52" and approx 85lbs each)

$1700
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2010, 02:58 pm by ludimagis »

woofersus

• Industry Participant
  • Authorized Dealer: Melody & Angel City Audio
    • East Street Audio
Re: Acoustic Zen Adagio ~ Mappa Burl / $1700
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jun 2010, 11:14 pm »
Are these the original ones or the newer version with the slanted midwoofer baffles?

jimdgoulding

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jun 2010, 01:42 am »
Are these the original ones or the newer version with the slanted midwoofer baffles?
The tweeter baffle is recessed and flanked over and under by mid/woofer baffles.  Dunlavy speakers did the same thing the object being to time align the arrival of waveforms from both sets of drivers.  The newer and slanted models to which woofersus makes reference have less of a shelf effect and there may be some other improvements I don't know about, but waveforms from either model's tweeter shouldn't "see" the shelves created by recessing the tweeter.  One solution to that and the best one I know of can be seen at ole jim's website.  A guy in Singapore with these speakers said on Audiogon that vocalists sounded like they were standing as a result what I made for him.  Think I've fitted for four guys using these.  For my size room and value, these speakers are one of a few I would audition if I were in the market, absolutely.  High praise were given to these by Sallie Reynolds in a TAS review.

ludimagis

« Reply #3 on: 14 Jun 2010, 12:44 pm »
These are the original version. (thanks for the info JimD)