I was totally and completely impressed! Pre-70's tech? Yeah!!!

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Early jukeboxes are **impressive** and inspirational. I am presently restoring an old Seeburg that was owned by a diner called Cupie's in Utica, NY in the 60's. Actually, I will be restoring about a dozen or so of these magnificent machines. Some of them play 78's!  This is truly fascinating stuff!

Anybody own a jukebox? I have seen plenty from a distance, but never saw the insides before.

They were made so well that 60 or more years hasn't led them to the scrap heap. All of the ones I will be working on play- but need TLC. The present Seeburg will have its field coil speaker replaced and the amp will be closely looked over as well as modified to operate without a field coil speaker. The amp itself works just fine as-is! It appears most of the caps are original and still in great shape. All components will be closely examined and replaced if necessary.

There is a special place in my hart for tube technology. It's unique, rugged, sounds fantastic! Not too many technologies span several decades and come out running alongside and ahead of the latest and so-called greatest our present market offers.

Seeing these great machines still in operation with minimal service is breathtaking.

« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2010, 10:49 am by Niteshade »

nunhgrader

When you get a chance  - pictures please  :thumb:

Guy 13

Early jukeboxes are **impressive** and inspirational. I am presently restoring an old Seeburg that was owned by a diner called Cupie's in Utica, NY in the 60's. Actually, I will be restoring about a dozen or so of these magnificent machines. Some of them play 78's!  This is truly fascinating stuff!

Anybody own a jukebox? I have seen plenty from a distance, but never saw the insides before.

They were made so well that 60 or more years hasn't led them to the scrap heap. All of the ones I will be working on play- but need TLC. The present Seeburg will have its field coil speaker replaced and the amp will be closely looked over as well as modified to operate without a field coil speaker. The amp itself works just fine as-is! It appears most of the caps are original and still in great shape. All components will be closely examined and replaced if necessary.

There is a special place in my hart for tube technology. It's unique, rugged, sounds fantastic! Not too many technologies span several decades and come out running alongside and ahead of the latest and so-called greatest our present market offers.

Seeing these great machines still in operation with minimal service is breathtaking.
Hi Blair,
how about some specs on the amplifier (tube type and wpc) and speaker diameter, etc...
As a baby boomer, I remember those !

Guy 13

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
I will have to get permission for the photos. She is a beauty!