VSA Master built

tc

VSA Master built
« on: 5 Jun 2010, 07:50 pm »
OK, I think I need some help. I have my Anni.5's hooked up to my Simaudio with my new master built sig. I was using JPS Labs Alluminata and was very  satisfied, but needed to change lengths. So I ordered a pair of the vsa Sig. hooked them up and I am some what dissatisfied. The highs seem overly bright and the mid range is somewhat the same, but not as bad. The bass is better with the master built. While listing last night the sound was fatiguing. I could not listen to the music at near the same level. With all the good reviews of this cable I am perplexed. Does anybody have any ideas?  If not I'll call Albert on Monday 

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: VSA Master built
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2010, 09:39 pm »
That is surprising.  Best call Mr. Wizard.

ceedee

• Industry Participant
    • Musical Reality
« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2010, 10:36 pm »
That is surprising.  Best call Mr. Wizard.

Hello TC,

Maybe you have to check the bindingposts.
Sounds like a bad contact. It happens sometimes.
When a new cable is mounted have to control the contacts after a short time.

Good luck.

Cor

JackD201

« Reply #3 on: 6 Jun 2010, 02:57 am »
I'm very happy with my Sigs into the VR-9s but as in anything with audio, our mileages vary. There really isn't anything that is best for all of us.

Could be the cables need more cooking time, or it could just simply be that your personal preferences favor the JPS (which are great cables). In any case, that's what the trial period is for :)

tc

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:40 am »
I have found part of the problem. The CP-8 processors Eq  went from manual eq (which I had professionally set) somehow switched to the Auddyssey which has never been set up. So now I am back to the Eq which was manually set up and things sound much better. Still need to play with it some might even try the auddyssey to see how it comes out.  The master built wire seems to be very dynamic and just a little forward where as the JPS was laid back and neutral(a very relaxed sound). The master built cable seems to be a perfect match for movie viewing, voices seem more defined and everything seems to be in the right place.  Bass is also better through the MB(more controlled). I'll do some more tweaking and let you know how it comes out.

JackD201

« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2010, 05:21 am »
That's great to hear tc :)

So how's that CP-8? I lusted for it but the price of admission was too high. Are you using the matching MC-8?

I'd love to see your system pics :)

mclsound

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2010, 11:39 am »
Dont you dare go anywhere TC.....(LOL)
I had the sim titan-7ch and have always wondered how the CP-8 and mc8 sound as I am a one box guy(although would love a VAC pre in the house) for my pre/pro.I currently have the Krell 7.1 and I live 7hrs from Sim here in Ontario.
thanks john

tc

« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun 2010, 07:43 pm »
I don't have the MC. I have the CP-8 and use it withe the W-8 for L and R and the Sim Aurora for surrounds,center and rears.  I love the Cp-8. I had the Halcro 220, but found the sound just a little cold and the Halcro was a little quirky, although they had made it better. The Cp-8 just works. Wonderful for music as well as movies(maybe the best I have heard for movies. Everything is in its place. I was able to work out a great deal on the Cp-8(bad  economic times you know) You might want to call Mike at Audio Forest in Alabama and talk to him. He is great to work with. Maybe someday I will consider the Mc-8, but it is a beast. You need a lot of room, but for now I am very happy with my system