Tweeters crackling again! What am I doing wrong?

Ryanz

Tweeters crackling again! What am I doing wrong?
« on: 5 Jun 2010, 03:07 am »
Okay so I had a pair of Klipsch RF-82 a while back and I never played them super loud. One day the tweeters started to crackle. So I took them into the dealer and they replaced the tweeters. Okay. So I can see the RF's having problems, since I paid $1,100 for them. So I sold them, and bought the Paradigm Studio 100's v5. I told myself, now I shouldn't have a problem with these. They're good solid build speakers. I even went so far as to by the 4B SST2, to help with power handling issues. More power, less like to cause speaker damage. I have not played these speakers to extreme levels once for the paranoia that I will do the same to these. Low and behold the tweeters are crackling. Not a lot, but enough to really agitate me. What am I doing wrong?    :banghead:

Napalm

Re: Tweeters crackling again! What am I doing wrong?
« Reply #1 on: 5 Jun 2010, 03:26 am »
Okay so I had a pair of Klipsch RF-82 a while back and I never played them super loud. One day the tweeters started to crackle. So I took them into the dealer and they replaced the tweeters. Okay. So I can see the RF's having problems, since I paid $1,100 for them. So I sold them, and bought the Paradigm Studio 100's v5. I told myself, now I shouldn't have a problem with these. They're good solid build speakers. I even went so far as to by the 4B SST2, to help with power handling issues. More power, less like to cause speaker damage. I have not played these speakers to extreme levels once for the paranoia that I will do the same to these. Low and behold the tweeters are crackling. Not a lot, but enough to really agitate me. What am I doing wrong?    :banghead:

Dunno Ryan. I have the same Studio's since they came out on the market and never had issues. Talk to Paradigm and see how to fix it and also ask them what the possible cause might have been. They're nice guys most of the time and if they see the damaged tweeters they'll figure out what happened to them.

Nap.  :thumb:

Ryanz

« Reply #2 on: 5 Jun 2010, 03:31 am »
Thanks Nap. I don't hear them crackle when I play music, just when I play MW2 on the XBOX, not so much on the PS3, but a little still.

Napalm

« Reply #3 on: 5 Jun 2010, 02:40 pm »
Thanks Nap. I don't hear them crackle when I play music, just when I play MW2 on the XBOX, not so much on the PS3, but a little still.

maybe it's something to do with the xbox or that particular game? can you try a different game? alse try different modes like set the PS3 to decode sound internally to LPCM vs. sending dolby digital to the receiver?

Nap.

Ryanz

« Reply #4 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:23 am »
It was the XBOX. That's what I get for using anything made by Microsoft. :duh: My bad.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #5 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:24 am »
So, problem solved, or no?

Ryanz

« Reply #6 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:42 am »
Yeah. Well, almost. I'm getting rid of the XBOX. Patient : Doctor, it hurts when I do this. Doctor : Well then don't do that, stupid.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #7 on: 7 Jun 2010, 01:49 am »
Cool.