Le amp II reviews????

mmm

Le amp II reviews????
« on: 13 Feb 2004, 05:35 am »
ok.. what about a review by now? James? anybody?

If I purchase a Le amp II, it will be the upgraded version?

I haven't contact Norh because I am not sure about anything yet....

What's the gain of Le amp?... I will dig further... later

amp's I've tired in my system. Pass lab Aleph III, Multiamps, some Bryston,some Marsh amps, Polyfusion 960, PS HCA 2, Quad, some lower end ML and Krell etc... can't remember... :o

This is my first post... so I will introduce my system... not myself... 8)

HK 101 DVD/ Bench Mark DAC/ MF Tri-Vista SACD,CDP/Bryston 3 way active XO/(no preamp)(I have some, but I don't use them)/3 Marsh 200 in active triamp/speaker: Raven tweeters, Skaaning 4 inch midrange,Eton 12 woofer/ mostly home-made ICs and PCs....whew...

Rocket

Hi
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2004, 09:07 am »
Hi,

I haven't read any reviews regarding this amp, may'be there aren't
enough in the field at this stage.

Can you describe your speakers in a bit more detail for me?  Are they diy?  I presume you don't have any passive xovers in the speakers as you're using an active xover.

We actually have something in common.  I have a pair of custom made speakers which use the raven 1 ribbon tweeter and 2 x 7 inch focal kevlars in an mtm setup.  I they are however are designed using a passive xover.

Regards

Rocket

mmm

details??
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2004, 07:26 am »
Raven has the ribbon that is as light as air...Almost..

I use transformers to change their 2ohm into 8 ohm without using resistors... But that was probably a mistake.. I can just use SS Ring Radiator and spend less.... will try SS RR later... some said the RR sounds smooth and detailing?? who knows?

Skaaning was the founder of Scanspeak and dynaudio etc... It is said that he is the "father of high end speakers." he left SS and Dynaudio etc and used his own name for his new company... Skaaning drivers have very "soft" spiders and surrounds... so they hold the diaphragm in place without inserting to much "breaks"... so they are very detailings with ultra long p-p... but the poly diaphragm is soft... so Skaaning is unique sounding.... best with direct and transparent sounding front ends...

Eton's woofer is neutral sounding.... not as hot and tight as metal cone but more forceful and accurate in sound than all poly cones I've tried... This kind of bass is not as pronounced and audible like softer paper or poly(plastic) cones... what can i say... hearing is more important than anything....

Yes I built them myself... every driver is in its own cabinet.... so they were stacked up and can be moved easily... mid and bass cabinets weight more than 60 pounds each... mid driver cabinets were from concrete blocks with MDF in the front and back...

I only want nothing but transparent sounding amps... no tubes etc necessary.... tubes mess up dynamic snaps.... I just sold my Trivista player yesterday!!! Ho Ho :mrgreen:

infiniti driver

Le amp II reviews????
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2004, 07:00 pm »
I plan on getting a pair in the near future. I will definitly write a review as well.

mmm

a pair... three pairss
« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2004, 09:55 pm »
I plan to get three pairs.... but, I can't risk it all.... need more feedbacks... Or I will go for bryston 3bst used....

dyfromhawaii

Le amp II reviews????
« Reply #5 on: 23 Mar 2004, 07:35 am »
any updates? haven't heard much on the LA II lately...

bhiggins

Le amp II reviews????
« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2004, 03:03 pm »
Shipping of the LA II's was interrupted by the buzzing issue (grounding?), which has apparently been fixed.  The Norh gang are currently at CeBIT, which is why emails are not being answered as quickly.

I have been informed that my amps should ship in two weeks.  As soon as I have had a chance to break them in a bit, I will post my impressions here.

byteme

Le amp II reviews????
« Reply #7 on: 23 Mar 2004, 03:18 pm »
It's been over a year now since I was considering the LE-II and if I'd gone that way I STILL wouldn't have an amp!!  I ended up going with an Odyssey Stratos Stereo Extreme.  For darn near the same price as a pair of LE-II's you can get yourself an Odyssey Khartago.  A real product that works!  Recently reviewed here - http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/odysseyaudio_khartago.htm