If you are thinking about purchasing SongTowers....

Toynbee

My SongTower Rts arrived ysesterday and I am compelled to put in a plug for these beauties!  I am not an expert on loudspeakers nor particularly conversant in audiophileese.  I am a retired acoustical engineer so I do understand acoustics.  I was looking for new speakers to upgrade my system without breaking the bank.  My research brought me to Salk Signature Sound and to this forum.

Others here have eloquently described the craftsmenship and sound quality of the SongTowers, and the wonderful customer service of Jim and his crew.  I simply wanted to add my recommendation that if you are looking for a speaker in this price range ( or 2-3 times higher!) you should check these out!

If anyone would like to audition my pair, I am in Petaluma, Ca.

Rich

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: If you are thinking about purchasing SongTowers....
« Reply #1 on: 2 Jun 2010, 03:54 pm »
Rick-

You don't think you can just post like that without pics now do you?

Lets see them!!!   :D

dogorman

« Reply #2 on: 2 Jun 2010, 04:04 pm »
Mine are available down here in Gainesville, Florida, too -- and running very happily on what should be too little power, coming from a 65-watt-rated Dared DV-6C.

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 2 Jun 2010, 04:13 pm »
Welcome to the Salk 'family' Toynbee.  :thumb: Enjoy !

Big Red Machine

« Reply #4 on: 2 Jun 2010, 04:32 pm »
It is nice you enjoy them.  I like mine quite a bit but only use them for HT duties so they don't get a heavy workout but sound sweet nonetheless.

Enjoy and your feedback is always appreciated as unsolicited enticement for the would-be owner. :thumb:

Nuance

« Reply #5 on: 2 Jun 2010, 09:06 pm »
Welcome to the family, Toynbee!  Bring on the pics. :)

jd3

« Reply #6 on: 3 Jun 2010, 12:24 pm »
Welcome and it's great to hear how much you are enjoying them.  As everyone here can attest, the ST's (and all Jim's speakers) are a fantastic value from both a performance and craftsmanship perspective.   

HAITIMAN

« Reply #7 on: 3 Jun 2010, 01:00 pm »
My SongTower Rts arrived ysesterday and I am compelled to put in a plug for these beauties!  I am not an expert on loudspeakers nor particularly conversant in audiophileese.  I am a retired acoustical engineer so I do understand acoustics.  I was looking for new speakers to upgrade my system without breaking the bank.  My research brought me to Salk Signature Sound and to this forum.

Others here have eloquently described the craftsmenship and sound quality of the SongTowers, and the wonderful customer service of Jim and his crew.  I simply wanted to add my recommendation that if you are looking for a speaker in this price range ( or 2-3 times higher!) you should check these out!

If anyone would like to audition my pair, I am in Petaluma, Ca.

Rich
Congrats.
Tell us about your setup and impressions.

Derek

billmcc

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jun 2010, 01:21 am »
HAITIMAN,

I was looking at the shot of your ST and I am wondering what finish you got? It looks alot like a Rosewood finish which I really like.

Bill

HAITIMAN

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jun 2010, 04:01 pm »
HAITIMAN,

I was looking at the shot of your ST and I am wondering what finish you got? It looks alot like a Rosewood finish which I really like.

Bill
Bill, that is medium curly cherry. I struggled to get the exposure right with my wife's new DSLR, so they look a little darker and a little "redder" in the picture. I took about 10 photos, with flash/without, different ISO settings, etc, and I never really captured the true look of the wood. I need more practice with the camera!
I can tell you that the fit & finish is gorgeous and for the first few days of ownership I would just sit there and stare at them while I had my morning coffee. (Had to wait for the wife to get up before I pressed the "on" buttons)

Derek

Toynbee

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jun 2010, 04:13 pm »
Here are a couple of shots of my SongTowers.  Std. curly cherry dyed cordovan.

I listen to all kinds of music and I must say so far I have enjoyed everything.  These speakers are very accurate.  They reproduce what they are fed.  Attributes that I appreciate include: seamless crossover, incredible imaging and the fact that they disappear and just let the music come through.

HAITIMAN

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jun 2010, 04:32 pm »
Here are a couple of shots of my SongTowers.  Std. curly cherry dyed cordovan.

I listen to all kinds of music and I must say so far I have enjoyed everything.  These speakers are very accurate.  They reproduce what they are fed.  Attributes that I appreciate include: seamless crossover, incredible imaging and the fact that they disappear and just let the music come through.

Gotta be one of a kind!
Very elegant.

Nuance

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2010, 04:49 pm »
Those look amazing, Toynbee!  You have great taste - very elegant.  Enjoy!

coke

« Reply #13 on: 4 Jun 2010, 05:06 pm »
I can tell you that the fit & finish is gorgeous and for the first few days of ownership I would just sit there and stare at them while I had my morning coffee. (Had to wait for the wife to get up before I pressed the "on" buttons)

Derek

I still find myself doing the same thing.  The veneer on mine is somewhat hypnotizing.  :o

HAITIMAN

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jun 2010, 05:18 pm »
I still find myself doing the same thing.  The veneer on mine is somewhat hypnotizing.  :o

Yours are in a class all by themselves. Did you do the design yourself?

billmcc

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jun 2010, 08:18 pm »
Bill, that is medium curly cherry. I struggled to get the exposure right with my wife's new DSLR, so they look a little darker and a little "redder" in the picture. I took about 10 photos, with flash/without, different ISO settings, etc, and I never really captured the true look of the wood. I need more practice with the camera!

Derek

Derek,

Thanks for your thoughts :). I am a big fan of color of Rosewood speakers. I have had Rockets, Ref 1/1.8s and Dynaudio 140/C1s all in Rosewood. The Ascend Sierra-1s I have now are in Dark Cherry which is very close to the color of Rosewood. The pictures that cacophony777 took really show how beautiful the finish of the STs really are.

Bill

ricardojoa

« Reply #16 on: 5 Jun 2010, 06:20 am »
Derek,

Thanks for your thoughts :). I am a big fan of color of Rosewood speakers. I have had Rockets, Ref 1/1.8s and Dynaudio 140/C1s all in Rosewood. The Ascend Sierra-1s I have now are in Dark Cherry which is very close to the color of Rosewood. The pictures that cacophony777 took really show how beautiful the finish of the STs really are.

Bill
Great taste. Rosewood gives that elegant look.