Anybody know if these are anything special-old Mirage floorstanders

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye

These speakers popped up on my local CL, Mirage floorstanders is all it says...$25 should I jump on it???
Thanks

JRace

• Greetings one and Everyone!
$25?

If they work, then that is a steal! Would at the very least make great garage speakers.

eclein

• Volunteer
Thanks JRace, I grabbed some JBL's I saw today. I'm flipping with joy right now!! :thumb: :thumb:

mfsoa

I used to have the Mirage SM 0.5 in college and they were a real nice speaker. Those look like they might be the 0.5s big brother - maybe the 1.0 (long time ago, not sure of the model #s)

If they work, definitely scarf them up for $25! (and if you don't like/don't want, I'll buy them from you on the 12 th at the Rave as long as they function OK)

-Mike

mfsoa

Leeme put it this way-

While I won't ask you to buy them for me, if you do go and check them out, and they work fine, and it's really $25, and you really don't want to keep them, I'd be very happy to take them from you for $25 + some extra for your trouble  :wink:  :thumb:  :eyebrows:

See you on the 12th

-Mike

eclein

• Volunteer
Mike-I found a set of mint JBL 4312A's today on CL for $50....I'm set for at least a few days...Hahahaha..

mfsoa

Good job, Ed.

Your enthusiasim is a breath of fresh air on this site!

-Mike

dburna

To make you feel even better about your purchase, here's a pointer to a Craiglist posting for JBL 4312C's....for $700!!!

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/1774116390.html

Regards,  -dB

Mike-I found a set of mint JBL 4312A's today on CL for $50....I'm set for at least a few days...Hahahaha..

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
Wow....those JBL's look almost "brand new".....nice find Ed ! 8)

eclein

• Volunteer
Thanks guys!! They are the finest speakers I've ever owned......I love the sound, absolutely love it.."Movin on up..!!!!!"
 I need like JBL logo stuff, a hat, shirt etc...LOL!!! Anybody know of a source for that stuff???
« Last Edit: 4 Jun 2010, 09:14 am by eclein »

Phil A

I would grab them if they work.  Many moons ago I owned the SM-3s

MaxCast

speaking of garage sale/CL finds.  Me and the boys scored these today for $15  :D

BIC Venturi v630

eclein

• Volunteer
Awesome find....!!! :thumb:

Eric

Nice finds