Anybody using a DAC that can record?

Niteshade

• Tubes: Audio's glow plug. Get turbocharged!
    • Niteshade Audio
Anybody using a DAC that can record?
« on: 31 May 2010, 10:24 am »
I have been using a Behringer UCA202 since it allows for recording. So far it has done a wonderful job both playing and recording with Audacity. Have you used anything that's better or worse for playing/recording? I always record at 44.1khz and can't find any issues with the quality.

richidoo

Re: Anybody using a DAC that can record?
« Reply #1 on: 31 May 2010, 10:33 am »
I use Presonus Firepod for recording. It is firewire connection to PC, 8 channels. Very good build quality and sound. But it's rack mount. The Spdif output is very good too.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2010, 01:00 pm »
I use the M-Audio Audiophile USB interface for recording 24bit/96KHz from LP's.  Does a very nice job with phono transcriptions!  The DAC and headphone output are pretty good as well.

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2010, 01:06 pm »
I have a Metric Halo ULN-2 that I've been using only for playback at the moment. I've been wanting to record some acoustic guitar with it (too much noise around here lately), and I hope to digitize my vinyl collection with it soon enough.

bunnyma357

« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2010, 03:16 pm »
I use a Focusrite Saffire 26 Pro I/O, which is a firewire interface. It will do up to 24/196, but I have been running it at 24/96 and using it as my Moving Coil Phono Preamp with Pure Vinyl, I'll be using it to archive LP's as well when I get some time.

On several of my systems, I also use a cheap "Instant Music Now" 16/44.1 USB powered DAC/ADC from ADS Tech, that is great for the price.

Jim C