I want to give Klaus my money but....

pm314

« on: 12 Feb 2004, 03:52 pm »
My eye was originally drawn to the Indianapolis (where I grew up) address but since then everything I've read here (and everywhere else) convinves me that Odyssey is the way for me to go for my new system. My question is how much do I need? I'm looking for my first amp, pre-amp seperates, have a pair of decent (vandersteen) speakers, but may not need to go as far as the Stratos/Tempest combo.  I've read a little about the Khatargo/Etesian, but thats just it, there's only a little information available (even on the Odyssey site).  What should be my deciding factor (besides the obvious $$) between the two?  I only occasionally (when the family's away 8) ) turn it up too loud. Soundstage is much more important.   Any thoughts are welcome.

rosconey

« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2004, 04:26 pm »
call klaus -he wont sell you what you dont need :mrgreen:

MaxCast

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2004, 05:55 pm »
I heard both sets at the Midwest AudioFest 2003.  The K/E combo is very nice.  Kman was offering the Khatargo, Estasian, Epiphany (I think)speakers, and cable for $1500.  Great deal and sound for the money.  You need to add a source and maybe a sub.

Captain Humble

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2004, 09:19 pm »
pm314,
Looks like you're new to AudioCircle so a welcome is in order.

rosconey and MaxCast aren't new to this hobby and have the experience to back up their posts.  I agree with rosconey, give Klaus a call.  He is the consumate consultative Owner / salesperson and will do his best to help you make an informed decision.

Apparently MaxCast has heard the Khatargo/Estasion and if he says great deal and sound for the money I would trust that as well.  I haven't heard the K/E combo but I have made 3 separate purchases from Klaus and each one of them, IMHO was great bang for the buck.

Best of Luck,
Jeff

pm314

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2004, 11:11 pm »
Thanks for the welcome and to all for their input. I hope to one day have a worthwhile opinion here :wink:. In the mean time, it sounds like the thing to do would be call Klaus.
But I would still welcome any who have experience with the Khatargo :!:

maxwalrath

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2004, 01:41 am »
Quote from: pm314
Thanks for the welcome and to all for their input. I hope to one day have a worthwhile opinion here :wink:.

As do most of us here...one day :D . Welcome, it's a great site.

pm314

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2004, 05:20 pm »
For anyone interested there is Khartago information on the Odyssey site in Mexico.
Not that I can read it, but at least there are some pictures. :)
http://www.odysseyaudiomx.com/prod-khartago.htm

ez-v

« Reply #7 on: 13 Feb 2004, 06:02 pm »
Klaus should just translate that Mexico site and use it for the U.S. website.  Much easier to navigate and much more information than what is provided on the U.S. website.  Includes all the newest information about the Khartago, Etesian passive pre, and even gives specs on all the capacitor-upgraded "Plus" and "Extreme" Stratos stereo, 3-ch,  and monoblock models.

Victor

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #8 on: 14 Feb 2004, 01:46 am »
Hello I am the one who run the site and Odyssey in Mexico...

Please consider I have more free time than Klaus, so that's why I can afford more timeto develop the site, and the idea is just that, be a support or alternative site for odyssey.

Do you want bigger pictures of Khartago ?

W.C.

« Reply #9 on: 14 Feb 2004, 06:20 am »
I think he is looking for a comparison between the Khartago and the stereo Stratos, as far as performance goes. How much better is the stereo Stratos than the Khartago, or is it better? So, is there anyone out there that has spent some time with each? Klaus might be the only one.

pm314

« Reply #10 on: 14 Feb 2004, 04:24 pm »
Bigger pictures would be great. Also bigger pictures of the Estasion would be helpful too. Thanks, your site is great.   W.C. is right. It sound like they are both great amps, I'm looking for which is better for me. I'm planning on calling Klaus sometime soon.

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #11 on: 14 Feb 2004, 06:59 pm »