BDA-1 aftermarket power cord

mr_bill

BDA-1 aftermarket power cord
« on: 25 May 2010, 12:55 am »
Any BDA-1 owners experiment with replacing the stock power cord with an aftermarket cord?
Results?

Phil A

Re: BDA-1 aftermarket power cord
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2010, 01:08 am »
I make my own.  While there can be improvements with an after market cord (or cables), it is often at a huge premium when you purchase them.

werd

« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2010, 09:20 pm »
http://www.combak.net/xdc/XDC.htm

That cable works nice with digital gear. It  brings forward the low level detail. Fleshes it out. Its a good cable and sounds good. I own the x-dc2 model shown,

Napalm

« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2010, 10:42 pm »
Have you considered replacing your power socket and plug with the UK ones? Larger, better contact area. Gives wider soundstage, more air, better defined rhythm and pace.

Nap.  :jester:

VOLKS

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2010, 05:08 am »
http://www.combak.net/xdc/XDC.htm

That cable works nice with digital gear. It  brings forward the low level detail. Fleshes it out. Its a good cable and sounds good. I own the x-dc2 model shown,

WERD THAT IS A GREAT SITE....HAS A BIT OF EVERYTHING

whanafi

« Reply #5 on: 28 May 2010, 12:33 am »
Have you considered replacing your power socket and plug with the UK ones? Larger, better contact area. Gives wider soundstage, more air, better defined rhythm and pace.

Nap.  :jester:

Sarcasm is wasted on audiophiles...

95Dyna

« Reply #6 on: 28 May 2010, 12:46 pm »
Sarcasm is wasted on audiophiles...

Good point.  I discovered that early on, absolutely no sense of humor.  I'm so glad I'm not an audiophile (that word always sounded like some kind of disease to me).  Keep up the good work, Nap :thumb:.

Napalm

« Reply #7 on: 28 May 2010, 01:40 pm »
C'mon, any audiophile worth his salt knows that there's a strong relationship between the plug pins spacing and the soundstage width.... the north american plug is the absolutely worst... narrow and congested with poor instrument separation.... european is good and the UK type G is the best with the most spacious, holographic sound.... just don't touch the australian one, it will twist your soundstage.....

Nap.   :thumb:
« Last Edit: 28 May 2010, 04:55 pm by Napalm »

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #8 on: 28 May 2010, 01:57 pm »
C'mon, any audiophile worth his salt knows that there's a strong relationship between the plug pin's spacing and the soundstage width.... the north american plug is the absolutely worst... narrow and congested with poor instrument separation.... european is good and the UK type G is the best with the most spacious, holographic sound.... just don't touch the australian one, it will twist your soundstage.....

Nap.   :thumb:

Now that's funny :lol:

james

Phil A

« Reply #9 on: 28 May 2010, 02:39 pm »
That gives me a great idea.  Perhaps I should try the hot from one receptacle and the neutral from another.  If the receptacles are 12 feet apart I should get great imaging

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #10 on: 28 May 2010, 02:46 pm »
Any BDA-1 owners experiment with replacing the stock power cord with an aftermarket cord?
Results? 
HI,
This is a unusual CD even being a audiophile test disc, avaliable on this HongKong store from the chinese audiophile label Hugo Records recorded(I think)with 10 different power cords, whatever it is.
http://www.hifi-cd.com/en/product/item/8266/product_detail.html
 Specifications
Product Name :    A Comparsion of 10 Power Cords (cd)
Model :    HRP7151-2
Brand :    Hugo
Shipping Unit :    1.00 Item
Date Added :    10 October, 2007
Price USD$15.44

werd

« Reply #11 on: 28 May 2010, 02:47 pm »
Sorry Mr. Bill

I guess they all want you to continue using crap and remain  in their soup of audio misery _lol:

Napalm

« Reply #12 on: 28 May 2010, 03:37 pm »
HI,
This is a unusual CD even being a audiophile test disc, avaliable on this HongKong store from the chinese audiophile label Hugo Records recorded(I think)with 10 different power cords, whatever it is.
http://www.hifi-cd.com/en/product/item/8266/product_detail.html
 Specifications
Product Name :    A Comparsion of 10 Power Cords (cd)
Model :    HRP7151-2
Brand :    Hugo
Shipping Unit :    1.00 Item
Date Added :    10 October, 2007
Price USD$15.44

Does that come from a power cord manufacturer....

Nap.  :dunno:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #13 on: 28 May 2010, 11:16 pm »
Now that's funny :lol:

james

I agree, haha.