Thread size for VR4JR MK1 spikes?

mfsoa

Thread size for VR4JR MK1 spikes?
« on: 23 May 2010, 06:31 pm »
Hi All,
I was thinking about getting some Soundocity outriggers for my speaks and was wondering what the correct thread size is for the inserts that are installed in the JRs.

The outriggers come standard w/ 1/4-20 bolts but I seem to remember that VSR uses something different.

Anyone know?

FYI, I'm installing some new, thick carpeting and would like the extra stability. Not just new carpet, but we had to raise the floor up to meet the level of some tiled floors so I added 3/4" plywood w/ a layer of Green Glue (thanks, Bpape, whose GG prices were much lower that other's I've seen online) under it. Each plywood board is separated from it's neighbors by one CD thickness (hmmm, how'd I accomplish that?  :wink:) so that each sheet is it's own "island" sitting on Green Glue and very securely screwed into the subfloor below. The floor is now so much more solid I can't wait to hear it w/ the layer of thick rubber carpet padding and the new carpet. All of this is supported by a heroic support system of 4 columns and two 12' 4x4s in my basement - I gotta make a "Floor" thread about it someday as it was crucial to the sound I'm getting. OK, that was a digression...

Thanks very much

-Mike

JackD201

Re: Thread size for VR4JR MK1 spikes?
« Reply #1 on: 24 May 2010, 02:24 am »
Damon should be able to sort you out quickly Mike. I asked the same question once but I'd deleted the email.

Delacroix

« Reply #2 on: 24 May 2010, 01:34 pm »
I bought a pair of these for my VR5s and love them. I searched for a record of the transaction and don't have one to hand but I do remember double checking with Soundocity themselves, as I recall similar concerns that the thread size was not standard. As far as I can recall, they determined the size by checking with VSA and sent me the right ones first time. You are right to check. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

jmc207

« Reply #3 on: 24 May 2010, 02:50 pm »
If you find out, please post the size here. I'd like to know as well.

Thanks, John

Delacroix

« Reply #4 on: 24 May 2010, 03:18 pm »
I went back to check the topic where this was discussed before too and there is relevant info:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=60996.0