I am new at Audio Circle...

Guy 13

I am new at Audio Circle...
« on: 18 May 2010, 12:51 pm »
Hi to all of you...
I am new at Audio Circle, but not new at sound systems...
This is my first post and I hope it will work.
In my next posts I will share with you my past 40 years plus audio experience.
But first, I need to learn how this thing works...
By the way, I am a genuine French Canadian from Montreal, Quebec, but I have been living and working in Vietnam for the past 15 years doing business in the field of professional photographic equipment import and supply.
Thanks for reading me and have a nice day.
Guy 13 (I was born on a Friday 13, lucky me...)

Danny Richie

Re: I am new at Audio Circle...
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2010, 12:56 pm »
Welcome to AC Guy.

Guy is one of my good customers and has recently built some V-1's. He has the first ones in Vietnam.

Guy 13

Next V2...
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2010, 01:05 pm »
Hi Danny,
for all of you that are reading this, I did business with Danyy and since I am satisfied with his personnal service, his patience dealing with (slow) me and his products (V1 and two sealed servo subs) I will do business again with him, but next time it will be for the V2. I am waitng for him to confirm my purchase... But I understand that he his very busy, no wonder with so many good products...
Thanks and have a nice day.
Guy 13.

jdbrian

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2010, 02:43 pm »
Welcome Guy

I am a Canadian from Nova Scotia and very much enjoy the AudioCircle. I have also been doing business with Danny and have built a set of OB7's. I am hoping to get a pair of sealed servosubs in the future and I am wondering how you like yours?

Brian

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2010, 03:27 pm »

Welcome Guy to AC.  It is great place to gather information and hang out in general. 

For Brian, the servo-subs are the absolutely most musical bass I have ever heard.  I've heard them probably a dozen times now.  They reproduce the bottom octave of a piano in the most realistic way of any speaker that I have heard in over 40years of listening.  They are my next upgrade. 

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2010, 09:24 pm »
Welcome, Guy.  A colleague of mine was in VietNam a few weeks ago, right before we met up in China.
How's the audio scene there?

Guy 13

« Reply #6 on: 19 May 2010, 02:06 am »
Welcome Guy

I am a Canadian from Nova Scotia and very much enjoy the AudioCircle. I have also been doing business with Danny and have built a set of OB7's. I am hoping to get a pair of sealed servosubs in the future and I am wondering how you like yours?

Brian

Hi Brian,
sorry for my late reply, Vietnam is 12 hours ahead of Nova Scotia. (Never been in N.S. but I have been close PEI and NB.) I have two Rythmik servo sealed woofer with GR 12" drivers. With my first set up the sound was terrible, no bass or very little bass. I put them away and use the sub of the V1, good result, lots of bass. After my house renovation I took then out again with a new listening room and BOOM plenty of good low and tight bass. Now which is better ? V1 or Sealed sub. Right now, I can't tell, but I would say either way, your in the right direction. Price : It's about the same.
Now, it's my turn to ask you about your OB-7 ? This is my next project after the V2. Waiting for your commetns.
Have a nice Nova Scotia day.
Guy 13 in Vietnam.

Guy 13

« Reply #7 on: 19 May 2010, 02:13 am »
Welcome, Guy.  A colleague of mine was in VietNam a few weeks ago, right before we met up in China.
How's the audio scene there?
Hi Hank.
When I first arrived in Vietnam 15 years ago, they had nothing, really nothing that can play music, but today, 15 years later, they have all the prestigious makes, all of them... They push the Wilson speakers, Classe Audio amplifier and all the interconnects at 5,000 USD+ anyhting that's expensive, because if it's expensive it's good. Well, that's what they think anyway and that's because they don't know Danny at GR Research... OB speakers are still unkonwn in Vietnam. Jamo tried to introduce their OB's but at 10,000 USD, I am sure they did not sell many. Thanks for your comments. Have a nice day. Guy 13 in Vietnam.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #8 on: 19 May 2010, 02:15 am »
I was in Vietnam for 2 years back in 1970,,, I'll never go back, too damn humid for my palete. I feel the same way about Alabama also, where I spent my last 8 months of my Army tour. Being only 75 miles from the Candian border here in Vermont, I am much more accustom your homeland weather than I am in the southern hemishere areas.  :duh:  I can dress for the cold weather but can only take off so much clothing.  :lol:

But I'll never forget the monsoon seaon over there in "Nam". What a trip,,, or drip.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Guy 13

« Reply #9 on: 19 May 2010, 02:30 am »
I was in Vietnam for 2 years back in 1970,,, I'll never go back, too damn humid for my palete. I feel the same way about Alabama also, where I spent my last 8 months of my Army tour. Being only 75 miles from the Candian border here in Vermont, I am much more accustom your homeland weather than I am in the southern hemishere areas.  :duh:  I can dress for the cold weather but can only take off so much clothing.  :lol:

But I'll never forget the monsoon seaon over there in "Nam". What a trip,,, or drip.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

Hi Robin. I agree with you, Vietnam is humid and that's what kills me, the humidity is worst than the heat. I can support 33C or 95F, but with only 30% humidity. Even with the cold Vermont and Quebec winters, I still prefer cold than heat. But not -40F... Each country as his own beauty, the only problem is that during the economic boom they destroy all the beatifull nature... Thanks and have a nice day.
Guy 13 in hot and humid Vietnam.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #10 on: 19 May 2010, 02:36 am »
Hi Robin. I agree with you, Vietnam is humid and that's what kills me, the humidity is worst than the heat. I can support 33C or 95F, but with only 30% humidity. Even with the cold Vermont and Quebec winters, I still prefer cold than heat. But not -40F... Each country as his own beauty, the only problem is that during the economic boom they destroy all the beatifull nature... Thanks and have a nice day.
Guy 13 in hot and humid Vietnam.

AGREED!!! The heat is one thing and that can be dealt with but it's that sufficating humidity that'll drain the life right out of ya. About all one can do is sit back and enjoy some tunes.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin

jdbrian

« Reply #11 on: 19 May 2010, 02:47 pm »
Hi Guy

It is anything but hot and humid here. We had frost in the mornings a couple of times this week.
  I love the 7's. There is a thread here   http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=78738.0 where I document the build and some sound impressions. I just finished the front grills and will post more pictures soon on that thread. They really integrate well with my subs.

Cheers
Brian