Testimony of Bryston Product Sales & Support

larevoj

Testimony of Bryston Product Sales & Support
« on: 18 May 2010, 05:18 am »
Hi James,

In my search for a pair stereo stand mounts in February 2009, I was referred to Leonard Goh of AFA Electronics Pte Ltd in Singapore by Sam Thomas of PMC from the UK. After auditioning a number of brands I decided to go with a pair of Dynaudio. However, during the audition process I was very impressed with Bryston electronics as compared to other renowned brands such as Pass Labs, Plinius, Bel Canto, Primare, Exposure, and Naim Audio.

Another unforgettable moment was the dedication and professionalism of your local dealer, Leonard Goh. Though I did not commit to make any purchase but he allow me to test a number of PMC speakers using Bryston electronics and he patiently go through all my questions allowing me to audition at my pleasure with no pressure to purchase. Above all he did all these while having breathing difficulties due to his health condition but his physical condition did not take away his passion in music and providing me the best audition I ever had.

One year forward in February 2010, I was in the process of revamping my audio electronics I did not hesitate for a moment to go back to AFA and give a second listen to Bryston. Again I was blown away by Bryston sound stage, depth and dynamic transient with solid control of both extreme frequencies. The wide sound stage was layered precisely to the point you could tell exactly where each instrument is (almost visually)! After several auditions including the above mentioned brands I came to an informed decision based on my music preferences and characteristics.

By early April 2010 I purchased the BDA-1, BP26, MPS2 and 4BSST2. Not long after installing the BP26 I had a small issue. I noted the image suffered a little at low listening level but the problem disappears once you turn up the volume a little. The right speaker is a little louder than the left speaker creating a shift of the center stage to the right side. I switched the output connection to the amplifier from right out from BP26 to left into power amp and left out from BP26 to right into power amp the imbalance of loudness switches to the other speaker. I also tried both balance and unbalance output from the BP 26 and as well as different input source and the result was the same. I must emphasize this only occurs at very low listening levels and it is not an issue at normal listening levels.

According to Brian Russell the analogue pot and the channels track within 1/4 of db which in this case is within specification. Brian and Leonard understood my peculiar listening levels and had my BP26 air freight back to Canada, replaced it with a hand match volume control, go through the mandatory bench test, air freight back to Singapore, clear the custom and send it to my door step all in a month time!

In my humble opinion Bryston sales & service support is by far the best I have ever come across in my entire life and Bryston warranty their products for 20 years. The warranty period is a very strong statement especially in the International markets and many high end consumer place high value in a product that has high quality sound, made in Canada, with 20 years warranty and provide such exemplified sales and service support.

Thank you.

John L.

PS: I am keen to hear if others (domestic or global) have similar overwhelming product support from Bryston  :D

« Last Edit: 26 May 2010, 01:04 am by larevoj »

Moon Doggy

Re: Testimony of Bryston Product Sales & Support
« Reply #1 on: 18 May 2010, 06:10 am »

According to Brian Russell the analogue pot and the channels track within 1/4 of db which in this case is within specification. Brian and Leonard understood my peculiar listening levels and had my BP26 air freight back to Canada, replaced it with a hand match volume control, go through the mandatory bench test, air freight back to Singapore, clear the custom and send it to my door step all in a month time!

In my humble opinion Bryston sales & service support is by far the best I have ever came across in my entire life
Thank you.

John L.

Great story. The testimonies about Bryston support never cease to amaze me!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 18 May 2010, 09:34 am »
Hi John L,

Thank you very much for this terrific feedback - great story - you made my day sir :thumb:.  I will certainly let Brian, Leonard as well as all at Bryston know of your comments.

james

larevoj

« Reply #3 on: 18 May 2010, 09:48 am »
Hi John L,

Thank you very much for this terrific feedback - great story - you made my day sir :thumb:.  I will certainly let Brian, Leonard as well as all at Bryston know of your comments.

james

Gd morning James, you are most welcome and I am glad to jazz up your day  :)

There are not many companies out there that listen to customers' feedback and too few pay attention to such details especially from the senior management level. You guys amazed me on how you have put customer's satisfaction in your top priority...and of course reproduction of music!

Cheers!

John L.

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #4 on: 18 May 2010, 01:54 pm »

"Another unforgettable moment was the dedication and professionalism of your local dealer, Leonard Goh. Though I did not commit to make any purchase but he allow me to test a number of PMC speakers using Bryston electronics and he patiently go through all my questions allowing me to audition at my pleasure with no pressure to purchase. Above all he did all these while having breathing difficulties due to his health condition but his physical condition did not take away his passion in music and providing me the best audition I ever had."

It is unfortunate that this is not the “norm” in this industry.

I also consider myself extremely fortunate at locating an awesome audio dealer. From my experience, the audio sales industry is saturated with most obtuse, tacky suited, overbearing, tin-plated demigods with self conceived, delusions of grandeur.

"Herb" from WKRP certainly comes to mind....

Be well...

Napalm

« Reply #5 on: 18 May 2010, 02:04 pm »
[...] From my experience, the audio sales industry is saturated with most obtuse, tacky suited, overbearing, tin-plated demigods with self conceived, delusions of grandeur.
[...]

:lol: I'm fortunate too, my local Bryston guy will just hand me the remotes and let me do whatever I want. Including silly things.

The nice thing about Brystons is that they are self-selling. The more you mess around with other stuff, the more you want the Brystons.

Nap.  :thumb:

af

« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2010, 02:06 pm »
I concur without reservation this last thought.  :thumb: 

af

drummermitchell

« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2010, 02:34 pm »
I find if your dealer can't solve your audio issues,Bryston will send out the big guns to fix the problem
and that's one I'll never forget.
I couldn't imagine,one of Bryston's top guys(MP)flight back and forth,the person's time,hotel ect.
I haven't heard of such Service EVER.,I only got to witness the SUPERB SERVICE.
If I wore a hat,I'd take it off to Bryston,Thanks James,Mike and to all at Bryston :thumb:..

drummermitchell

« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2010, 03:22 pm »
Geez,I got so excited about doing the Bryston shuffle :dance:,I forgot to put on my Black spandex from 30yrs.ago,we'll maybe not @54,too much fun this.

larevoj

« Reply #9 on: 18 May 2010, 11:42 pm »
:lol: I'm fortunate too, my local Bryston guy will just hand me the remotes and let me do whatever I want.

Napalm, I think this should be a standard protocol for all dealers!!  :thumb:

Viajero5000

« Reply #10 on: 3 Jun 2010, 07:13 pm »
There aren't many companies who would have the integrity to help out a rival firm in sorting their amp design issues! The paragraph below is from a Stereophile review of a Parasound HCA 3500 amp:

"The HCA-3500 driven by the CAT SL-1 Ultimate preamplifier resulted in what sounded like AC noise—low enough in level to be masked by music most of the time, but audible from the listening seat between CD tracks. (Mechanical hum from the transformers was exceptionally low.) The system was dead quiet with the CAT driving the Rotel RB-1090 or the Bryston 9B-ST. I tried all the usual remedies—checking connections, lifting/reconnecting AC grounds, plugging components into the same outlet/different outlets, changing interconnects—to no avail. The noise was still present when I plugged the PS Audio Ultralink Two digital processor directly into the HCA-3500, which might be taken to indicate that the problem was with the amplifier. ...

The solution came courtesy of Bryston vice president James Tanner and Bryston design engineer Stuart Taylor (the "ST" of the Bryston 9B-ST, 7B-ST, etc.). I gave James a call because I remembered that I had had a similar problem in my home-theater system, involving an early sample of the 9B-ST and a surround processor. That time, the problem was solved by Bryston modifying the amplifier's internal grounding arrangement. Would they help a rival amplifier manufacturer deal with a grounding problem?

Yes, indeed! With a spirit of cooperation that should be a model for the industry, Stuart Taylor told Parasound technical ace Andy Murray about the exact changes made to the Bryston 9B-ST that eliminated the AC noise they had encountered in some applications. Andy sent me another sample of the HCA-3500, modified as per Stuart's suggestions, and, like magic, the AC noise was gone. The amplifier also sounded a bit smoother. With this problem out of the way, I could start listening again in earnest. All comments in the review about the HCA-3500's sound refer to the second, modified sample. I'm told that all current and future production of the HCA-3500 incorporates the modified grounding scheme.

:thumb:

etcarroll

• SE PA. by way of Boston, MA.
« Reply #11 on: 3 Jun 2010, 09:52 pm »
Well that's a remarkable story, makes me glad I spent my money on this company.  :wink:

larevoj

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jun 2010, 12:39 am »
With a spirit of cooperation that should be a model for the industry, Stuart Taylor told Parasound technical ace Andy Murray about the exact changes made to the Bryston 9B-ST that eliminated the AC noise they had encountered in some applications.

This is an amazing story.  :thumb:

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #13 on: 4 Jun 2010, 12:57 am »
Well that's a remarkable story, makes me glad I spent my money on this company.  :wink:

Same here.

vegasdave

• My online rock magazine-Crypt Magazine
« Reply #14 on: 4 Jun 2010, 12:59 am »
Great testimonial, John. And some of those other products you mentioned cost a lot more!