• SalkSound
Re: RMAF 2010
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2010, 04:55 pm »
Ordered my tickets today...

http://audiofest.net/2010/index.php?Sid=52d0a64f096c0db1b0d737a42ca740e5
October 15-17, 2010
Denver, CO

Anyone else planning to be there?

I don't think Delta flies to Denver, so I have a fighting chance of making it.  It's a realllllly big show, although the rooms are almost always problems acoustically.   

Charles Calkins

« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2010, 04:57 pm »
I'll be there! Flying in on Friday from Oakland Ca.

Cheers
                                            Charlie

coke

« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2010, 06:24 pm »
I've never been to an audio show, but I hope to make it this year.

My problem though, is that my speakers are the best I've ever heard (not a lot of experience with $5000+ speakers).  I fear that if I heard something like the Soundscapes, I'd not longer find my HT2-TLs adequate, and would end up ordering a new pair of speakers  :lol:

greenhouseman

« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2010, 08:28 pm »
I've never been to an audio show, but I hope to make it this year.

My problem though, is that my speakers are the best I've ever heard (not a lot of experience with $5000+ speakers).  I fear that if I heard something like the Soundscapes, I'd not longer find my HT2-TLs adequate, and would end up ordering a new pair of speakers  :lol:

Don't dare listen to the Vandersteen Model Seven speakers ( $40,000+ )  :drool: For me audio nirvana, but then again i also would like an Audi R8 and that's not going to happen either :D
« Last Edit: 7 May 2010, 01:44 am by greenhouseman »

stew

« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2010, 05:39 am »
I've been thinking of attending the RMAF. Like coke, I've never been to an audio show, but this seems like a good candidate for my first one! I might even see if I can wrangle a few San Francisco audiophiles to join me.

jsalk

« Reply #6 on: 8 May 2010, 12:42 pm »
I've been thinking of attending the RMAF. Like coke, I've never been to an audio show, but this seems like a good candidate for my first one! I might even see if I can wrangle a few San Francisco audiophiles to join me.

There is a new audio show July 30th, 31st and August 1st in SF (Oakland).  We are considering attending if we can work it into our schedule.  That might be one to consider as well, although I think it will be a higher end show.  If we did attend, we would probably only bring our SoundScapes.

- Jim

K Shep

« Reply #7 on: 8 May 2010, 12:58 pm »

Who did you have in mind?  :o

K Shep

« Reply #8 on: 8 May 2010, 01:03 pm »
There is a new audio show July 30th, 31st and August 1st in SF (Oakland).  We are considering attending if we can work it into our schedule.  That might be one to consider as well, although I think it will be a higher end show.  If we did attend, we would probably only bring our SoundScapes.

- Jim

Here is a link to the show:  http://www.caaudioshow.com/

What a pleasure it would be to meet you and the crew in California Jim.  The show looks promising!

vinyl_lady

« Reply #9 on: 8 May 2010, 01:37 pm »
I don't think Delta flies to Denver, so I have a fighting chance of making it.  It's a realllllly big show, although the rooms are almost always problems acoustically.

Delta flys to Denver-- http://images.delta.com.edgesuite.net/delta/pdfs/flight_schedules.pdf

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #10 on: 8 May 2010, 02:20 pm »
Delta flys to Denver-- http://images.delta.com.edgesuite.net/delta/pdfs/flight_schedules.pdf

Correction.   They have gates that say Denver.  Not to be confused with planes that actually get off the ground.  I wish I could make the California show, but I'll have house guests in from San Francisco.  What is wrong with this picture?

vinyl_lady

« Reply #11 on: 8 May 2010, 02:22 pm »
Correction.   They have gates that say Denver.  Not to be confused with planes that actually get off the ground.  I wish I could make the California show, but I'll have house guests in from San Francisco.  What is wrong with this picture?

I fly in and out of Denver on Delta so they do have planes that take off and land in Denver

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #12 on: 8 May 2010, 05:47 pm »
I fly in and out of Denver on Delta so they do have planes that take off and land in Denver

You have my sympathy. 

jd3

« Reply #13 on: 8 May 2010, 10:57 pm »
I've been advised I might be going to RMAF.  At least my wife is planning on going so I guess I can go too.  But we probably won't be flying Delta.

standub

« Reply #14 on: 9 May 2010, 03:20 am »
As some one who lives in Denver, if you need to fly in I highly recommend Frontier(now also the same company as Mid-West).

ltr317

« Reply #15 on: 9 May 2010, 04:16 am »
As some one who lives in Denver, if you need to fly in I highly recommend Frontier(now also the same company as Mid-West).

Why? 

jd3s wife

« Reply #16 on: 9 May 2010, 01:20 pm »
I checked earlier in the week and Midwest & Frontier were approx $250 from Grand Rapids, MI to Denver (1 tix)  I didn't think that was too bad.   I told JD3 for that price it would be worth flying as it's 1231 miles to drive.  When i said that to him this morning his comment was "if we fly we can't buy anything".  I'm booking tickets now!  haha    :lol:

standub

« Reply #17 on: 9 May 2010, 07:06 pm »

Why?

A few reasons

• They are based in Denver so every flight will be direct
  • Unlike the other big DIA airline (United) they still practice customer service
  • If you are flying in from the west the pilots are used to dealing with the fun that is descending over the Rocky mountains.
  • On the Frontier planes (not Mid-West) you have TVs for every seat.  For some one who hates flying (me) it's nice to watch the news or ESPN for the whole flight.
  • Also if you have never flown into DIA there are 3 terminals; A,B,C.  Frontier owns almost all the gate in A.  This is important because A is attached to the main terminal (ticketing, baggage, etc) and therefore you can walk or take the underground train to the main terminal.  B and C you have to take the underground train.  Also your baggage will beat you to claim,about half the time, if you land in A.  B and C will have you waiting quite a bit.

stew

« Reply #18 on: 11 May 2010, 03:19 am »
Who did you have in mind?  :o

YOU! :)

and vintagebob, and any other SF/San Jose-ites who might be interested.... we should probably start some private emails to discuss the possibility...

stew

« Reply #19 on: 11 May 2010, 03:21 am »
Here is a link to the show:  http://www.caaudioshow.com/

What a pleasure it would be to meet you and the crew in California Jim.  The show looks promising!

Jim, I second KShep's sentiments that it would be a pleasure to meet you and your Salk family. Please keep us advised if you decide to attend!