Roger Waters!

acresm22

Re: Roger Waters!
« Reply #20 on: 6 May 2010, 10:28 pm »
Okay...I'm in for Minneapolis on Oct. 27. Yipee!

PeteG

« Reply #21 on: 7 May 2010, 12:37 am »
I'm in too, Nov 23 Denver  :D

guest48077

« Reply #22 on: 7 May 2010, 01:17 am »
I have tickets to BOTH TORONTO shows. \

Got them from the Pre sale on his website. I have floor seats between rows 1 an 38. Pair cost 550$. Well worth it IMO.

I think I got lucky. :o

mchuckp

« Reply #23 on: 7 May 2010, 02:39 am »
Sorry to be a poopy butt, but I'm having a hard time stomaching the high dollar ticket prices.  And all this crap with a bazillion presales for buying a movie on iTunes, card holders, etc, etc is WAY too commercial and detracts from my memories of the great music Pink Floyd produced.

Guess I'm getting grumpy in my old age.

They said it best when they said "Welcome my son...Welcome to the machine."

nathanm

« Reply #24 on: 7 May 2010, 02:57 am »
What in the hell have I done!?  I can't believe I just paid $438 bucks to see a damn show!  *sigh*   St. Paul, MN - October 27, 2010 (Floor, Rows 1-31)

Man, I just hope I remember to go!  Talk about advance warning, sheesh!  Well, I figure it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.  When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about Roger Waters' death!  Eeep!  I sure hope you're right, PMAT!

Delacroix

« Reply #25 on: 7 May 2010, 03:08 am »
Sorry to be a poopy butt, but I'm having a hard time stomaching the high dollar ticket prices.  And all this crap with a bazillion presales for buying a movie on iTunes, card holders, etc, etc is WAY too commercial and detracts from my memories of the great music Pink Floyd produced.

Guess I'm getting grumpy in my old age.

They said it best when they said "Welcome my son...Welcome to the machine."

I am with you. Love the real Floyd, greatly admire Roger, but this is almost beyond comprehension or justification. Welcome to the machine indeed.

Jumpin

« Reply #26 on: 7 May 2010, 02:21 pm »
Saw him a couple years ago when he did Dark Side.  Was fantastic.  Plan to see him for the Wall. You wont be dissapointed.  Only bug up my ass is that they are selling tix now for October/November!!! That to me is hard to stomach.  Who gets the interest on all that money?

MJ

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #27 on: 7 May 2010, 03:05 pm »
I qualified for DC. Floor level 2-9 is over 550 for two tix...Sections 104-107 and 201-214 are close to 300. The non transferable is holding me back too, not  100% sure where Ill be in oct.

There's a big difference between section 2 and section 9 also..

I will buy the tickets from you if you get them.

Edit:  Never mind.  I got them.
« Last Edit: 7 May 2010, 05:54 pm by woodsyi »

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #28 on: 7 May 2010, 04:11 pm »
IIRC I believe that I paid $42 for Led Zeppelin tickets in 1975, and that was for excellent seats.  $438?  $500?  For a concert?  Damn, I'm old.  :(

--Jerome

droht

« Reply #29 on: 7 May 2010, 04:22 pm »
Saw him a couple years ago when he did Dark Side.  Was fantastic.  ...MJ

That is really the bottom line.  I saw him on that tour as well, and frankly was not expecting to love it, but I was blown away.  Really reminded me of seeing shows when I was a teenager and just being wowed.  The Wall has always been my favorite, so I don't suppose the money really is an issue.  You just can't top a good live show.  Looks like November in Philly for me.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #30 on: 7 May 2010, 05:09 pm »
Just picked up two seats in the Tacoma Dome for Dec 11. $201 per seat plus the ticketmaster charges.

sts9fan

« Reply #31 on: 7 May 2010, 05:18 pm »
Got Hartfod! Nice.  Could not pull the trigger on the $440 one though.  $300 for the pair is steep enough for me. 

nathanm

« Reply #32 on: 7 May 2010, 05:23 pm »
Are there many other acts that can get people to fork over this much?  If it was just four dudes playing in a stadium I'd never consider it, but I'm expecting some high zoot production values for this one.  I've never really been to a really massive "showy" concert anyway.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #33 on: 7 May 2010, 05:34 pm »
Are there many other acts that can get people to fork over this much?  If it was just four dudes playing in a stadium I'd never consider it, but I'm expecting some high zoot production values for this one.  I've never really been to a really massive "showy" concert anyway.

For me U2 fits that bill. Their staduim shows are incredible productions.

sts9fan

« Reply #34 on: 7 May 2010, 06:05 pm »
Their staduim shows are incredible productions.

Gotta distract people from the music somehow! Zing!!

Larkston Zinaspic

« Reply #35 on: 7 May 2010, 06:17 pm »
IIRC I believe that I paid $42 for Led Zeppelin tickets in 1975, and that was for excellent seats.  $438?  $500?  For a concert?  Damn, I'm old.  :(

--Jerome

I'd pay that kind of money in multiple amounts to punch in 1977 or earlier in my time machine to see the Floyd live...not much room for spontaneity after that though, when things need to be timed perfectly. As long as there are enough pyrotechnics, lasers, and dirigibles flying around, and as long as the solo in "Comfortably Numb" is long enough, I don't think anyone will care how much money they need to fork over when The Circus comes to town. :)

I hope anyone who paid that much won't have a drunken lunatic flailing around in front of them while they're trying to enjoy their view--oh yeah, that's always fun. That, and the exorbitant admission and handling fees is what has kept me away from cash-in events like this.

Seriously though, I hope it's worth it for anyone in attendance, but I'll sit this one out and wait for the inevitable DVD instead. :?

woodsyi

• Volunteer
  • Always Look on the Bright Side of Life!
« Reply #36 on: 7 May 2010, 06:26 pm »
I would do a Zeppelin reunion (Plant and Page anyway) for this kind of money.

nathanm

« Reply #37 on: 7 May 2010, 06:29 pm »
Don't forget that a drunken, flailing lunatic is what inspired The Wall in the first place!  Heh!

ctviggen

« Reply #38 on: 7 May 2010, 06:34 pm »
Supposedly, the cost of the tickets is so high because the performers make most of their money now from touring and products sold during the tour.  They make very little through sales of CDs or itunes (since pirating went way, way up). 

sts9fan

« Reply #39 on: 7 May 2010, 07:19 pm »
I hope anyone who paid that much won't have a drunken lunatic flailing around in front of them

Hope your not next to me!!