VR4.5's SOLD. Thanks for the interest - you missed a great deal

blownrx7

SOLD! :D
I am selling a pair of VR4.5's in dark cherry. I got these a while back thinking of doing an all VR4.5 HT set-up (I am keeping my other pair). Reality has set in and I don't foresee it ever happening. I am offering them here first with the hope of passing them on to another fanatic and, more importantly, avoiding any hassles. 

Here are the details:
These are the VR4.5 Signatures (or Silvers depending on who you talk to) which means they have all Audio Magic solid core silver wiring, and the use of premium Hovland solid foil capacitors and Solo flat ribbon inductors in the crossover.
The speakers are functionally perfect! There are no pulls or tears in the socks.
They are the dark cherry finish and here's the bad part - the bass modules have the same finish/veneer failure that many of the VS speakers from Watertown suffer from. From ten feet away they look awesome- the rich cherry color is really beautiful.  But, like Madonna with no makeup, if you go up close to the bass modules, you see the crazing/cracking/delaminating in the veneer and they show their true age. The top caps are actually very nice and do not suffer from the crazing problem since they are solid hardwood and not veneer.  Other than the crazing, there are no other significant cosmetic issues. Yes, they have some VERY MINOR cosmetics but they are not trashed (and certainly not visible from ten feet!)and have been proudly sitting in my living room for almost two years. I do not have any boxes for them so local pickup only and possibly local delivery - see below.

Here's the best part. I will part with the pair for $1200 (cash only) due to the finish issue. 

See my ad on Audiogon
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1283109039&/Von-Schweikert-VR4.5-dark-cher

I am located in Simsbury, CT and I prefer local pickup. I will deliver up to Boston or down to NYC (and most places in between) for an additional $100 delivery fee.
photos are in the Audiogon ad.  I prefer the local pickup option so you can see/hear exactly what a bargain you are getting. You will NOT be disappointed.

p.s. I also have an LCR-31 center channel with the dark cherry solid hardwood endcaps and perfect black sock that would complete an amazing LCR system with the VR4.5s that I will part with for $500.
Details on the LCR-31 from VS: Twin 7" cast frame carbon filled poly drivers in damped reflex enclosure. Ultra high resolution midrange/vocal frequencies are reproduced by a woven carbon fiber 5.5" midrange unit with enormous magnetic structure and the highest "clarity index" available. Our free air mounted aluminum "eyeball" type tweeter features a powerful Neodymium magnet and Ferrofluid cooling... Unique Vocal Presence control (mounted on side of enclosure for easy accessibility) enables adjustment of vocal clarity, allowing optimization of any music or film recording. Control permits timbre matching to any left and right speaker system as well.

:D
« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2010, 09:56 pm by blownrx7 »

jab

• Esoteric Audio-Video
Re: VR4.5's need a new home
« Reply #1 on: 4 May 2010, 01:47 pm »
An absolute "steal" for any interested buyer...  And,, they can be upgraded if desired,, but for the picky..

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #2 on: 4 May 2010, 02:46 pm »
blownrx7 sez...you see the crazing/cracking/delaminating in the veneer and they show their true age...amend to read....you see the crazing/cracking/delaminating in the veneer and they show her true age.  You certainly can...yikes.......make it go away! :slap:

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #3 on: 4 May 2010, 03:43 pm »
Is that Madonna or Sharon Stone!?

:D

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #4 on: 4 May 2010, 03:56 pm »
..Madonna maybe with two conditions...lights off & mouth shut!  :lol:

Ms. Stone...much better! :thumb:

mhconley

« Reply #5 on: 5 May 2010, 04:35 pm »
There is an LCR-31 on eBay right now for $699.  Not mine - just an FYI...  (Wish I was near CT.)

Martin

blownrx7

VR4.5's SOLD
« Reply #6 on: 1 Jul 2010, 01:33 pm »
SOLD! :D

Here's some photos (decidedly better looking than Madonna)

« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2010, 09:57 pm by blownrx7 »