Going out on top...Lorena Ochea retires

drphoto

Going out on top...Lorena Ochea retires
« on: 1 May 2010, 11:51 pm »
Ok, it's a bit old news, but I'm still stunned by this one. She owned it, but decided there were other things more important than sports.

She always appeared to be pleasant on TV, and all accounts say she was a truly gracious person who would have lunch w/ the grounds crew to thank them for their service. Cool in my book. Plus, she could flat out hit the ball.

Ok, so I like the LPGA....I mean the ladies can play the game too.

I just love golf period. Which is weird, because I always thought it was boring, until I went to the PGA @ Valhalla here in Louisville in '96. Then I got hooked.

srb

Re: Going out on top...Lorena Ochea retires
« Reply #1 on: 2 May 2010, 12:12 am »
Lorena Ochoa

drphoto

« Reply #2 on: 2 May 2010, 01:15 am »
Oh hell, sorry 'bout that. Great player, however you spell it!

mcgsxr

« Reply #3 on: 2 May 2010, 12:22 pm »
Golf is a sport (OK, that might draw some flames...) that I only picked up 2 years ago.  I am playing 40-50 rounds per year now, and really enjoy the challenge, and the opportunity to escape phones and PC's for a 4 hour period, plus the folks I have met on the course are generally a lot of fun.

As for Ms Ochoa, I think I can understand it - she has dominated the scene, has made a ton of dough, and evidently does not continue to love competitive golf (and the travel and time req's).

I can respect going out on top like that.

Good for her for being grounded, and well rounded.

Bring on the reign of the Pink Panther on the LPGA I love Paula Creamer!

rodge827

« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2010, 02:19 am »
Good for Lorena to go out on top.....Too bad for the LPGA, maybe if Michell Wie could win a few majors more attention would go to the women. The LPGA tour was always on shakey ground, now with a bad economy and the #1 player going away, who knows what will happen.
I'm a golfer and a big fan of all golf. It is too bad that the LPGA Tour doesn't get the good TV coverage that it deserves.
Rodge