N2x Build help!!

monkeypimp

N2x Build help!!
« on: 30 Apr 2010, 01:29 pm »
I have my enclosures...the No-Rez got installed last night.  Crossovers are built.  Now I need install the crossovers, cup and drivers.

Terminal Cup seems straight forward - although I didn't get any screws to install them. What size and type should I get?

Woofers also seem straight forward - I have everything to install them

Crossover install seems easy... I just need to get some screws to install them and am thinking 1" hex heads.

Tweeter has me confused.   Does the baffle gasket get attached to the baffle or directly applied to the cabinet?  The baffle has 8 screw holes and I only have 8 screws, so no screws to attach the tweeter to the baffle.  What size and type screws do I need for these as the wrong type might strip out the plastic screw hole.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hate it when your so close but still so far.  In need 8 crossover screws, 8 tweeter screws and 8 terminal cup screws.....

monkeypimp

Re: N2x Build help!!
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2010, 03:53 pm »
Anyone on the Tweeter screws?

here is the screw I am unsure of what size i need.

Nick77

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2010, 04:47 pm »
Screws should have been supplied, contact Danny.

monkeypimp

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2010, 05:32 pm »
Screws should have been supplied, contact Danny.

I know but I want to finish building these so it is easier and quicker to go pick them up than to wait on the mailman.  I was hoping someone knew what size they were.

Danny Richie

« Reply #4 on: 2 May 2010, 02:30 am »
First or all, the gasket that comes on the tweeter can be discarded. It is just supplied for use with custom made face plates and stuff. I use a very small and thin bead of Silicon around the inside edge of the tweeter face plate to seal the tweeter to it. Using the gasket with the face plate sets the tweeter back a bit and makes it hard to mount. Even BG doesn't use it with their face plates.

Terminal Cup seems straight forward - although I didn't get any screws to install them. What size and type should I get?

Those screws should be there in the kit.

Does the baffle gasket get attached to the baffle or directly applied to the cabinet?

Either way is fine.

The short screws for mounting the tweeter to the face plate should be in the same bag as the screws to hold the tweeters to the front baffle. And the bag with those screws in it is in the same bag as the tweeter face plates. Those are all supplied and packaged by BG.

monkeypimp

« Reply #5 on: 2 May 2010, 02:54 am »
Thanks for the reply Danny... I ended up figure out what I needed and got it all at home depot. The bags for the tweeter faceplates each had 8 screws in them, which is just enough to mount the plate to the enclosure. The ones to mount the tweeter to the faceplate were missing. No biggie, I found the correct size screw and mounted them just fine, only cost me $0.69.  I did use the gasket should I go back and take it off and apply silicone instead?

The terminal cups screws were missing. When I finished installing everything I had no parts left over everything was used and I didn't have any screws for them.  I did just buy some screws to hold them for $0.98, so no biggie, but they are zinc and not black so they aren't quite as attractive but hey they are on the back which I don't ever intend on looking at.

I finished them late last night and hooked them both up in my theater system and they both worked!  :D  They sounded great, incredible detail! I really won't get to mess with them for about a week or so as my office is in shambles and that will be their home.

chip

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2010, 01:05 am »
Where are the completed pics?  :scratch:

monkeypimp

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2010, 02:31 am »
Where are the completed pics?  :scratch:

Soon!  I have been travelling non stop from Lacrosse game to Lacrosse game all weekend!!   5th grade and 4 games in 3 cities in 3 days....whew!!  I will take pics tomorrow and post em!