SoundScape 10's for AKFest

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: SoundScape 10's for AKFest
« Reply #20 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:12 pm »
Jim, do you take orders, deposits, etc at the AKFest?

Does a wild bear shit in the woods?   :)

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #21 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:18 pm »
Does a wild bear shit in the woods?   :)

Well, I figured, but I'd thought I'd ask.  If some pays cash thats a lot to be carrying around. 

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #22 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:22 pm »
Well, I figured, but I'd thought I'd ask.  If some pays cash thats a lot to be carrying around.

Well in that case....I probably wouldn't be discussing personal business on a public forum.  Asking if he'll take orders and payment is one thing but to discuss cash transactions.   :nono: IMO. 

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #23 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:36 pm »
Well in that case....I probably wouldn't be discussing personal business on a public forum.  Asking if he'll take orders and payment is one thing but to discuss cash transactions.   :nono: IMO.

Nevermind, I'm not sure what you are getting at but I thought I had a serious question.

jtwrace

• TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #24 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:38 pm »
Nevermind, I'm not sure what you are getting at but I thought I had a serious question.

Are you kidding?

Let me try to make this clearer.  I would not discuss bringing large amounts of cash on a public forum. 

jsalk

« Reply #25 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:38 pm »
Jim, do you take orders, deposits, etc at the AKFest?

Yes.  We will probably also have a few demo pairs for sale at the show.

- Jim

jsalk

« Reply #26 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:39 pm »
Are you kidding?

Let me try to make this clearer.  I would not discuss bringing large amounts of cash on a public forum.

Right.  Credit cards are much safer.

- Jim

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #27 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:49 pm »
Are you kidding?

I'm NOT and was NOT bringing cash, I was just using it as as example as a basis of my question. 

Thanks Jim for the response.

OgOgilby

« Reply #28 on: 27 Apr 2010, 06:49 pm »
Jim, those look amazing! Wish I could attend AKFest to hear the SoundScape's, but maybe it's just as well since my wife would kill me if I started bugging her for new speakers. Hey, I just thought of a new name for the SoundScape's - how about the Salk Home Wrecker's (well maybe not).

DMurphy

• Industry Participant
    • SalkSound
« Reply #29 on: 27 Apr 2010, 07:24 pm »
Jim, those look amazing! Wish I could attend AKFest to hear the SoundScape's, but maybe it's just as well since my wife would kill me if I started bugging her for new speakers. Hey, I just thought of a new name for the SoundScape's - how about the Salk Home Wrecker's (well maybe not).

They're really only home wreckers if you play the cannon shots on the Telarc 1812 Overture too loudly.  (I'll have that at AKF, BTW.)

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #30 on: 27 Apr 2010, 07:52 pm »
What else will be there?  SongTower RTs?, HT2-TL's?  I swear there was a thread somewhere saying what was going to be there but I can't find it..

Nuance

« Reply #31 on: 27 Apr 2010, 10:04 pm »
You can see strippers anywhere. . .:D

Who needs strippers when you have a wife?  Its more of the contact sports for half the day, big steak dinner and cigar bar afterwards kind of bachelor party.  Personally, I'd rather be at AKFest.  :)

DawgByte

« Reply #32 on: 27 Apr 2010, 11:06 pm »
I've been a creative director and designer for over twenty years... so I feel semi-qualified to weigh in on the controversy over the veneer vs. black sections.

Folks, this is an easy aesthetic design problem to solve. In the simpliest terms it's all of one, or the other.

The tweeter area is the point of visual tension. The viewers eyes wants to complete the transition all the way up the front, but due to a lack of space around the tweeter the veneer can only go three quarters up the facia. My immediately reaction upon looking at the speaker was to question why the upper speaker area was not covered in veneer. The black looks like it's covering a mistake, instead of homgenous design element. I also agree the thick exposed damper area does not add visual appeal and should be covered in the production version.

These are nitpicks, however. The overall design is quite nice and as we all know it's the sound that matters most.

Brucemck

« Reply #33 on: 27 Apr 2010, 11:36 pm »
Dawgbyte -- the upper section veneered version, even with the ribbon not being veneered, looks really nice to me, and considerably better than the version that has the entire top section not veneered.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #34 on: 28 Apr 2010, 12:01 am »
That's as much as can be veneered on that surface.  Can't veneer curved surfaces in two planes very cleanly.

oneinthepipe

• Trainee
    • Salk Signature Sound/Audio by Van Alstine two-channel system
« Reply #35 on: 28 Apr 2010, 12:41 am »
Who needs strippers when you have a wife? 

Huh?

Anyway, beautiful speakers, Jim.  If I ever get a bigger room, I am ordering a pair.

HoosierInOhio

« Reply #36 on: 28 Apr 2010, 12:43 am »
Huh?

Anyway, beautiful speakers, Jim.  If I ever get a bigger room, I am ordering a pair.

Speakers or Strippers? :eyebrows:

funkmonkey

« Reply #37 on: 28 Apr 2010, 06:38 am »
Good luck this weekend Jim, the SS-10's look great!  :thumb:

jd3

« Reply #38 on: 28 Apr 2010, 11:57 am »
Where out west are you from?  I have a speaker I need to get to GR.

Sent you a PM.  I'll try to get it there for you.

John

greenhouseman

« Reply #39 on: 28 Apr 2010, 01:55 pm »
Huh?

+1---------------Housing addition tax credit? Tarp funds for home improvements?