Morrow Audio MA1 IC for $49.95 ($99 off)

Mariusz

Morrow Audio MA1 IC for $49.95 ($99 off)
« on: 23 Apr 2010, 01:14 am »
I own few cables from Morrow Audio and they're some of my favorites.

Here is a cheap way to try the house sound and maybe find the cable(s) you like without going broke.

http://www.morrowaudio.com/ma1_special.html
 :wink:

Gopher

Re: Morrow Audio MA1 IC for $49.95 ($99 off)
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2010, 02:23 am »
thanks,  I've been curious about the Morrow cables.  This may be a good way to see if they gel well in my system. 

I'll be particularly curious as to how the MA1 does against my  MAC Ultra Silver+

How long does the sale run?  Hobby budget is ridiculously tight at moment.

2gumby2

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:29 pm »
I own both the Morrow MA1 and the MAC Ultra silver+ and I think the Morrow is the better sounding cable. I couldn't tell any difference between the MAC and the other dozen or so brands I have in my systems, but the Morrow made an obvious favorable impression. However, it is absolutely essential that you strictly follow Morrow's recommended break-in procedure. It sounded terrible initially so I hooked up the MA1s to my 5-disc CD player and ran them 300 hours. Now they sound great! Highly recommended.

rklein

• My finest audio piece ever!!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2010, 12:46 pm »
I have both the Morrow SP3 speaker cable in a bi-wire config and the Morrow MA-3 IC's and like their sound quite a bit.  Previous to that I had Kimber and Groneberg Reference and I like the Morrow better.  While I agree that $49.95 is a very good deal for the MA-1, you should also call Mike Morrow as he can give very good deals on used cables that are farther up the food chain(which is how I ended up with the MA-3's)  8)

BTW, as stated previously, they do need break-in time!!!

rklein