khatargo monos

hagar

khatargo monos
« on: 6 Feb 2004, 10:43 pm »
Hello!
Anybody out here who has some experience with the khatargo monos?
I´m planning to bi-amp my vintage Infinity RS II B speakers with two pairs.Had a very friendly call with Klaus this week and he advised them instead of my Nakamichi PA-7E.
Maybe more recommendations?
Greetz
Simon

W.C.

khatargo monos
« Reply #1 on: 8 Feb 2004, 10:18 am »
Hi Simon, welcome to the circle.  I have no experience with the Khatargo's but I know Odyssey amps sound quite nice with Infinity speakers. A very good match. My Infinity Kappa 9's are driven by a very special pair of Odyssey Stratos Monoblocks and they simply sound outstanding!!

hagar

khatargo monos
« Reply #2 on: 8 Feb 2004, 06:11 pm »
Hi W.C.!
First of all thanx for the reply!
Guess You have the extreme monos,don´t You?
Of course I can think of these having the control to drive Your Kappas
but they are out of my budget to biamp my RS II B(at least at the moment).
So the Khatargo monos would be the only possibility to biamp the speakers with 4 monos within my financial range.
I´wondering if they have enough power at high listening levels in a rather big room(at the moment 35m2,but I might be able to make my listening room twice as big inthe next time).
May be I´ll have to talk to Klaus again,great guy in deed(btw I´german too).
Again thank You fot the answer,I´d like to see more on this topic of course.

Eduardo AAVM

khatargo monos
« Reply #3 on: 8 Feb 2004, 06:32 pm »
I can only say that as far as I remember Klaus wrote Khartago is very stable into very low loads.

hagar

khatargo monos
« Reply #4 on: 8 Feb 2004, 06:51 pm »
I think I will give them a try.It´s only that I´m a bit nervous about buying an audio component without listening before(have no possibility here).
On the other hand they really  seem to be worth the money and  odyssey`s product philosophy is very sympathic to me.
There are too many "high-end" companies out there laughing about their own customers paying any prices they want them to(in corporation with "neutral" hifi magazines).

Barry

khatargo monos
« Reply #5 on: 9 Feb 2004, 04:06 pm »
Can somebody explain the construction of Khartago Mono.  It is new and I haven't get chance to touch it yet.  

I guess to convert Khartago to Khartago Mono is in fact connect the 2 input channels of standard Khargago to make it a single input.   Something similar to bi-amp.  But I'm not sure the output construction.  Does it leaves 2 output channels to connect the speaker hi and mid/low drivers.   Or alternative, connect the original 2 output channels to make it one output channels.

Appreciate if any of clarify the actual construction of Khartago Mono.  Thanks!

rosconey

khatargo monos
« Reply #6 on: 9 Feb 2004, 11:08 pm »
could be he just uses one channel on the board and you get the bennefit of less draw on the transformer :D
best thing would to be ask klaus :mrgreen:

klaus@odyssey

khatargo monos
« Reply #7 on: 10 Feb 2004, 07:38 am »
Just like with teh Stratos monos.  It's the same identical board,  and with the Sl  design,   you open up the floodgates once you mono it out.  This does NOT  involv any bridging o any sort by cutting off part of the amp,  but instead,  we'll channel both,  the left and the right channel into a single channel,  which vastly improves the performance and the current delivery.  That's one reason why we measure and match every single transistor in the amp per channel and per amp  dead on.  When we channel the mono now,  all outputs are identical,  and thus,  there is total coherency in the tonality,  harmonis,  and the staging.