Groneberg interconnect

zarco

Groneberg interconnect
« on: 6 Feb 2004, 09:18 pm »
Not much mention here about Klauss"s ic"s.I just hooked up a pair of quattro references to my Audible Illusions and Marantz 8260.I replaced some old Mit 330 plus series two interconnects. Man what a difference! My mono extremes are singing now! Better in every way.Very musical.extended bass.detailed and sweet.Another veil lifted as they say.I also am using a single groneberg quattro to feed my Khartago monoblock I use in my HT setup.wow..big difference there too! NOw I am curious if the Groneberg ts premium is that much better than what I have now? anyone care to comment?Thonk I"ll give Klauss a call :)

byteme

Groneberg interconnect
« Reply #1 on: 6 Feb 2004, 09:49 pm »
I've got the TS premium speaker cables and IC's.  The speaker cables were clearly better than Zu Wax cables.  No contest.  The IC's were also much better than Zu Warmouth's they replaced.  I've been very happy with the TS premium, especially in light of the Stratos stereo extreme and upcoming Lorelie's.  Synergy!!  Anyway, when I talked to Klaus before I bought the cables he said he doens't push the TS premium much because the Quattro is 80-90% of the TS for less $$ - even though he carries the TS as well!  Gotta love the honesty.  If you can find some used, like I did, it may be worth the shootout, but otherwise, I'd just enjoy the music!

amandarae

Groneberg interconnect
« Reply #2 on: 7 Feb 2004, 08:21 pm »
I have both the TS premiums and Groneberg Quattros IC's.  I can vouch that Klaus is definitely correct by saying that the Quattro's is about 80 to 90 percent of the TS Premiums but cost less.

Now, I replaced all the plugs from my Quattros with Eichmanns and I believe that they are about 95% or equal to the TS premiums.  In the CD player to preamp chain, the TS premium I believe has a slight edge but on the preamp and amp chain, the Quattro is the winner.  Maybe because the Odyssey monos are wired with the Quattro that MPT (max power transfer, thus matching) becomes so good.

On my TT set up (Lundahl step up to Wright phono to preamp) I don't discern any difference between the two on the mid range and highs.  But the Quattro has a better bass to mid-bass weight than the TS premiums.  Go figure! :?:

BTW, I tried Bolder M-80( used, bought 2 pairs) because somebody posted here that it is better than the Gronebergs.  In my system, the M80 is nowhere near the performance of the Gronebergs  :nono:  .   Just a thought....

zarco

groneberg interconnect
« Reply #3 on: 7 Feb 2004, 10:10 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys.Well I talked to Klauss and he is letting me return my quattro"s to upgrade to the ts premiums to use between my cd and preamp. Guess I am a typical neurotic audiophile and want that last 10 or 20 percent! thats what its all about eh? :) Now the problem is that I need a 3 meter pair from my preamp to amp! Gulp! oh well..I think I will go with the Quattro for that run and am glad to hear that this might be the better choice due to the synergy with my extreme"s inner wiring....plus I cant afford the premiums for that long of a run!