Exact Audio Copy.....

ksbruce

Exact Audio Copy.....
« on: 14 Apr 2010, 05:17 pm »
Hey Guys
Does anyone have much experience with this? I know it has been around for years, but is there any shortcomings compared to DB Poweramp or J River Media Center? Any hints on the best setup?

Thanks

kgturner

Re: Exact Audio Copy.....
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2010, 06:18 pm »
i use eac to rip my cd's to wav. i've only briefly used db poweramp so i can't comment on it or j river. the setup i use is:

http://www.teqnilogik.com/tutorials/eac.shtml

good luck.

kevin t

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2010, 06:38 pm »
Kevin's guide (link) is what most of us use.  There used to be a good one by coasterfactory but it's gone.  here's another:
http://blowfish.be/eac/Setup/setup1.html

Net/net, there's plenty of help out there.  EAC is great.

Dan Banquer

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2010, 07:34 pm »
It's a bit of a learning curve but once you get it EAC works just fine.
   d.b.

ksbruce

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2010, 11:11 am »
Thanks for the replies. It is rather involved to set up, but using it is pretty straightforward. It does seem to be faster than DB Poweramp, just want to make sure I am doing it right. One thing I did notice is the files dont have the .flac extension under file names.

jkelly

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2010, 11:17 am »
It may be faster if you don't have secure mode checked on EAC.

Lyndon

« Reply #6 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:09 pm »
ksbruce,
I have used db, jriver, and the like. I mainly use Media Monkey as that is what I store my music in. But I find EAC handy to have around.  Just last night I ripped a back up disc because a new cd I got from Amazon had one of those pesky "ads" about the artist that I really don't appreciate.  It came up as an error on my Media Monkey.
On EAC, it was listed as "data", and I was able to disregard it, and to make a clean copy as well.  The Kenwood player in my truck would not read the disc because of the "data".  So another thumbs up for EAC.
Tax Day 2010
Lyndon

ted_b

• Volunteer
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #7 on: 15 Apr 2010, 01:10 pm »
It may be faster if you don't have secure mode checked on EAC.

Bu thten the files may not be ripped bit perfect.

You don;t have flac files because the set up you've followed is likely just a standard setup that rips to wav files.  Make sure the flac encoder executable is sitting in the right directory (see EAC -> compressions options -> external compression).  FLAC is not a default, you need to set it up.

ksbruce

« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2010, 04:16 pm »
Thanks for all the help guys! Wamt through the setup again and I have flac. Thanks again.