Your greatest culinary experience ever . .

jimdgoulding

Re: Your greatest culinary experience ever . .
« Reply #60 on: 2 Jul 2010, 03:21 am »
Another Season.  Mount Vernon Street.  Lower Beacon Hill.  Their Fall pumpkin soup was a knockout.  Everything was.  Nice room, too. 

Construct

« Reply #61 on: 2 Jul 2010, 12:02 pm »
Another Season.  Mount Vernon Street.  Lower Beacon Hill.  Their Fall pumpkin soup was a knockout.  Everything was.  Nice room, too.
I've had both pumkpin and butternut squash soups in various locations.  Spago (Wolfgang Puck)  made some great variants.

craig223

« Reply #62 on: 2 Jul 2010, 01:12 pm »
Thanksgiving Day 1988.  We invited both of our extended families and some close friends for a big feast.  It was a warm day and most everyone ate on the deck.  There were about 25 people who came - hungry!  They ate everything; two turkeys, two hams, four pans of dressing, etc.  We began to panic when the food was gone and they were asking for more.  Luckily, we still had dessert to finish them off.  Many of those who attended have passed on, which makes the memory even sweeter.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #63 on: 17 Dec 2010, 03:25 am »
Mi espousa and I took our daughter and her boyfriend to New Orleans Dec 4 and 5 and had a roasted duck with a really good Creme Brulee for dessert at NOLA's.  Beforehand, had a Ramos Gin Fizz across the street at the Napolean Bar (I think they invented the drink about a hundred years ago) and it was also muy delicioso.  Sure do recommend you do, too.  My girl's boyfriend bought cigars for the lot of us.  We had a ball!