Bryston signs/posters

canucks0

Bryston signs/posters
« on: 9 Apr 2010, 02:33 am »
Has Bryston ever issued a lit sign for theatre rooms and any type of poster for framing. I do like what McIntosh did for their loyal fan base, though prices for these items were out of line. James, or other, do we have a concensus on a merchandise line?

canucks0

Re: Bryston signs/posters
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2010, 02:38 am »
Do none of you want a Bryston logo sign or neon above your bar or in you listening area?

Stu Pitt

« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2010, 02:44 am »
I'd like one, but it would have to be tastefully done.

My B60 is pretty unassuming, so the sign would have to be too.  I guess what I'm saying is no flashy neon sign pointing to it.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #3 on: 11 Apr 2010, 02:48 am »
And I know it may be heresy around here, but I'll say it anyway -

I'm not a big fan of the script Bryston uses.  I don't like the oblong block letters.  I'd never buy the older gear with Bryston written across it with huge letters, no matter how good it sounded.

Sorry to the guys who own/like that stuff.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Phil A

« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2010, 03:04 am »
I'd guess they already have signs they make or have made for dealers.

srb

« Reply #5 on: 11 Apr 2010, 03:46 am »
I'd guess they already have signs they make or have made for dealers.

And with that in mind, if I were to invest in decorative signage for a theatre room, I would want to make it look like (and capture the excitement of) a movie theatre and not an audio store.

Things like nicely framed back-lit movie posters, etc., rather than behind-the-scenes audio equipment.

Steve

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #6 on: 11 Apr 2010, 05:43 pm »
Only movie posters in my home theatre room - below is one of my favourite posters.

Be well...

werd

« Reply #7 on: 11 Apr 2010, 05:59 pm »
I think Bryston logo would be nicer than a movie logo. You can get a neon guy to make one to your own specs. It would be expensive but nice.

1ZIP

« Reply #8 on: 11 Apr 2010, 06:31 pm »
How about this for a sign, and the only one I would like to see:

FOR SALE

THIS WEEK ONLY

ALL BRYSTON GEAR

20% OFF

*One Piece of Gear per Person
[/color]

gerald porzio

« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2010, 06:32 pm »
Any audio mfg. would have to compensate me to fly their colors. Why pimp unless you're getting paid?

Phil A

« Reply #10 on: 11 Apr 2010, 06:48 pm »
The only theater decorations I have are in the secondary basement system.  I have a couple of neon signs, one is a beer brand (I got that at Costco) and the other says "Home Theater."  I also have an original Goldberg Bros. film reel hung on the wall

Stu Pitt

« Reply #11 on: 12 Apr 2010, 03:41 am »
My listening room doesn't have walls to hang stuff on - its a finished attic.  I still have some stuff from my days of stealing stuff from bars when I was a drunken college student -

Bass Ale mirror
Sierra Nevada light box
Knob Creek metal sign
A diverse collection of mirco brew brand bar towels
A ton of microbrew beer company coasters
A bar stool

The bar stool was the knock-out blow of the contest between my friends and I to see who could get the most outragous thing.  I used to have a lot more stuff, but I donated most of it to my Fraternity house.  Its still in the party area.

When I buy a home of my own, I'll use the bar stuff and most likely go with music posters and paraphenalia.  I have no interest in home theater.

My first project will be refinishing an old coffee table I have, putting the coasters on top, and somehow sealing them with some polyurethane.  I saw it done at a sports bar when I was in grad school, only they used baseball cards.  I've got some pretty wacky and interesting coasters.  When I was in college, they adorned my the walls in my room.

For the record - I haven't stolen anything from a bar in years.  Those days are behind me.  I do however aks the bartender for any interesting mirco/craft brew coasters that I see.  When I tell them about my collection, they smile and hand me whatever I want.  I currently have about 600 or so.

VOLKS

« Reply #12 on: 12 Apr 2010, 04:35 am »
My listening room doesn't have walls to hang stuff on - its a finished attic.  I still have some stuff from my days of stealing stuff from bars when I was a drunken college student -

Bass Ale mirror
Sierra Nevada light box
Knob Creek metal sign
A diverse collection of mirco brew brand bar towels
A ton of microbrew beer company coasters
A bar stool

The bar stool was the knock-out blow of the contest between my friends and I to see who could get the most outragous thing.  I used to have a lot more stuff, but I donated most of it to my Fraternity house.  Its still in the party area.

When I buy a home of my own, I'll use the bar stuff and most likely go with music posters and paraphenalia.  I have no interest in home theater.

My first project will be refinishing an old coffee table I have, putting the coasters on top, and somehow sealing them with some polyurethane.  I saw it done at a sports bar when I was in grad school, only they used baseball cards.  I've got some pretty wacky and interesting coasters.  When I was in college, they adorned my the walls in my room.

For the record - I haven't stolen anything from a bar in years.  Those days are behind me.  I do however aks the bartender for any interesting mirco/craft brew coasters that I see.  When I tell them about my collection, they smile and hand me whatever I want.  I currently have about 600 or so.

LOL you remind me of myself when i take the soap/shampoo from the hotel rooms i stay in lol

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2010, 04:36 am »
Do none of you want a Bryston logo sign or neon above your bar or in you listening area?
A big BRYSTON badge looks good to hang on the wall.

Napalm

« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2010, 01:40 pm »

I have "Apocalypse Now" posters and pics of krispy kritters.  :icon_twisted:

Nap. "C'mon baby light my fire"

P.S. Nah. I was just picking on Steve.

Phil A

« Reply #15 on: 12 Apr 2010, 02:54 pm »

For the record - I haven't stolen anything from a bar in years.

I was wondering why those places that hang antique bar stuff so securely on the wall with many nails.  I always though it was fear of it falling.  Now I know why :nono:

gerald porzio

« Reply #16 on: 12 Apr 2010, 03:29 pm »
We need the collectors of the original "Charlie's Angels" to weigh in. Maybe matchbook collectors too. How about the subjects of the TV show Hoarders?

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #17 on: 12 Apr 2010, 04:08 pm »

The only Bryston logo I want in my listening room are the one's machined into the face of my amplifiers - period!

Be well...

Hififreak

• www.brystonheritage.com
    • www.hififreaks.nl
« Reply #18 on: 14 Apr 2010, 10:16 am »

:D

canucks0

« Reply #19 on: 14 Apr 2010, 11:23 am »
HiFifreak, where did you find that?