Samsung BDP-1590 Blu-Ray Player

Dan Driscoll

Samsung BDP-1590 Blu-Ray Player
« on: 7 Apr 2010, 04:56 pm »
Refurbed Samsung BDP-1590 Blu-Ray Player from Woot, $80 + $5 shipping.

The main reason I posted this was because this model has built-in Netflix streaming capability.

Link

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
Re: Samsung BDP-1590 Blu-Ray Player
« Reply #1 on: 7 Apr 2010, 07:46 pm »
I have this one, not a bad inexpensive player.  Love the Netflix streaming, haven't had any issue's.  Also has Pandora Radio.  The player is a tad noisey when  first loading the disc but otherwise fine.  Haven't gotten the BD Live feature to work but I that could be my fault.

srb

« Reply #2 on: 7 Apr 2010, 07:55 pm »
I have this one, not a bad inexpensive player.  Love the Netflix streaming, haven't had any issue's.  Also has Pandora Radio.  The player is a tad noisey when  first loading the disc but otherwise fine.  Haven't gotten the BD Live feature to work but I that could be my fault.

The memory for BD Live is not internal to the player.  Have you inserted a 1GB+ USB memory stick into the USB slot?

Steve

tjohnusa

« Reply #3 on: 7 Apr 2010, 10:58 pm »
Thanks for the heads up....just placed my order!

launche

• ...on being an audiophile...no.
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2010, 11:11 pm »

The memory for BD Live is not internal to the player.  Have you inserted a 1GB+ USB memory stick into the USB slot?

Steve

I guess that would be what the USB port on the front is for, I guess it would help if I read the manual.  I'll give it a whirl.
BTW you need a direct internet connection to stream, otherwise you have to buy a seperate Samsung wireless USB device.  Also this is now a discontinued model.

Thanks Steve

heilman

• Industry Participant
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2010, 11:49 pm »
Launche:

Feel your pain man!! I offer to you a Sony TA-3200F Power amp and an Adcom CD-575  from Digital Systems and Solutions as a remedy!!!  With a used pair of VSA VR-1s or VR-2s WOW!