Beta Testing

htradtk

Beta Testing
« on: 1 Apr 2010, 11:17 pm »
Greetings everyone,

I was reading Albert's reply in Gavin's thread on the new VS subwoofer. In his reply, Albert said that his subwoofer is ready for beta testing. Now forgive me, I'm not a real audio tech geek, but can someone explain what is beta testing? What is required? If the VR77's become available for beta testing, I would be interested. :drool:

Thanks in advance,
Henry

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
Re: Beta Testing
« Reply #1 on: 2 Apr 2010, 01:04 am »
Looks like Albert may have to draw lots for that one Henry!  :lol:

varsharun

« Reply #2 on: 2 Apr 2010, 01:48 am »
Hi Henry,

Beta Testing in VSA parlance is basically buying Albert's innovations before mass release, and then spreading the good word about your experience. You get a decent discount on your purchase, VSA gets publicity, and all is well  :D However, I don't think extremely high end stuff like VR77s or the VR9 Annies (I made that up  8)) will be beta tested due to time/cost involved in manufacturing them and since Albert voices them individually I think.

-Arun

Greetings everyone,

I was reading Albert's reply in Gavin's thread on the new VS subwoofer. In his reply, Albert said that his subwoofer is ready for beta testing. Now forgive me, I'm not a real audio tech geek, but can someone explain what is beta testing? What is required? If the VR77's become available for beta testing, I would be interested. :drool:

Thanks in advance,
Henry

htradtk

« Reply #3 on: 2 Apr 2010, 01:58 pm »
Thanks for the explaination Arun! Sounds like a fun job, I would be willing to give it a try. Albert, you know my dealer very well, Richard at Stansbury A/V. If you need a beta tester for those VR77's, let us know.

Henry