Anyone know where someone may have measured a speaker's linearity

warnerwh

using the same listening material on the same system but using different cables?  This is not to be a discussion of whether or not one can hear the differences between cables. It is only a request for information. If someone knows where I could find this kind of info I'd appreciate it. Thanks
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2010, 12:37 am by warnerwh »

Nuance

Just do it yourself. :) I've done it 3 or 4 times now, and in ever case there is no difference between linearity throughout the FR, spectral decay, RT60, waterfall or impulse measurements.  There is also no difference off-axis.  This only applies to my system in my room, of course. 

*Scotty*

Deleted,OP restated his question making my post irrelevant.
Scotty
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2010, 05:02 am by *Scotty* »

TerryO

using the same listening material on the same system but using different cables?  This is not to be a discussion of whether or not one can hear the differences between cables. It is only a request for information. If someone knows where I could find this kind of info I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I don't know why you'd want to introduce a variable like a speaker into the equation which can influence the results. Dan Wiggins has measured the frequency response of cables all by themselves and found differences that would have an effect on just about any speaker worth listening to. Speaker cables can sound different, especially when they're designed to.

Best Regards,
TerryO

warnerwh

My goal is to find out if someone has measured every measurement we know of for a speaker.  All distortions, frequency response, tone bursts etc. The only change would be the cables in the system. I'm just curious what measured differences there might be changing (any) cables on a loudspeakers output. I've been in the hobby since the early 70's so I really couldn't care less about arguing the cable debate. I'm just curious.