Turntables and Odyssey Gear

djbnh

« on: 3 Feb 2004, 03:14 am »
I own an Odyssey Tempest and Stratos, and am thrilled with both pieces' respective performance-price ratios. Are there any suggestions regarding turntables + cartridges that would benefit me, that would also not kill my wallet? You know what the prices are for the above gear, so that should tell you my upper price limit. You also know Odyssey equipment, how it performs, and what it costs, so that should tell you what I'm expecting for performance and price.

Additionally, is Odyssey planning to add turntables to their line? I know I could call Klaus about a suggestion - hey, any suggestions, Klaus?  :?:

In advance, thank you for your responses.

Marbles

« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2004, 03:20 am »
Klaus sells the Symphonic Line of gear....they have turntables from moderately expensive to blow your mind expensive.

Do give Klaus a call...he helped me with a remanufactured cartridge that is one of the best in the world for a fraction of it's original cost.

mcrespo71

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2004, 03:26 am »
I've owned a Rega P25 for 5 years and have never really felt compelled to switch.  I think it is a fabulous value for the $, especially if you like PRAT.  Moreover, there are many used with quite good cartridges mounted for like $800.  I can't think of anything you can get for this price that will seriously outshoot it in the musicality department.  

Michael