10B Question

Dilbert

10B Question
« on: 25 Mar 2010, 02:06 pm »
James, I just received my new 10B LR with balanced I/O. I must say, it has to be the heaviest electronic crossover on the market - and I have had a few.

Anyway, my questions is, I note that there are gain jumpers shown on the schematic at various points to assist with changing the overall installed system gain structure. To save me having to open the unit and look, where does the factory set these?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: 10B Question
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2010, 04:31 pm »
James, I just received my new 10B LR with balanced I/O. I must say, it has to be the heaviest electronic crossover on the market - and I have had a few.

Anyway, my questions is, I note that there are gain jumpers shown on the schematic at various points to assist with changing the overall installed system gain structure. To save me having to open the unit and look, where does the factory set these?

Hi Dilbert.

Unity Gain through out.
It is a fully discrete Class A amplifier circuit with a very high quality linear power supply.

james

Dilbert

Re: 10B Question
« Reply #2 on: 29 Mar 2010, 12:18 am »
Thanks James, I had assumed you were busy at the show in Mtl. so I opened it up while waiting for your response and the power transformer certainly looks bigger than the 150 mA rated unit as shown on the schematic. It's pretty impressive for a mere crossover. Well done.