The ides of March -- Sydney DIY meet

JohnR

« on: 2 Feb 2004, 08:55 am »
Hi folks, I realize it's a bit of a way out, but how does mid-March grab everybody? It won't actually be the Ides but either Sat 13th or Sun 14th. My place is in Newport in the Northern Beaches, I will PM directions to participants later.

We can have two or three rooms to set gear up in, if needed. Some caveats: the small rooms are small! The big room is, well, bigger, but the acoustics kinda suck, but I guess we'll just have to live with it. So, please post here if you can make it, a preference for a day (Sat or Sun), and what you might want to bring along. Please note that some steep steps need to be negotiated to get into the house, so anything big or heavy is probably not a great idea... :|

We can have a barby and a dip in the pool as well if it's still warm. Say... noon to 5pm-ish? Let us know :thumb:

TG

« Reply #1 on: 3 Feb 2004, 12:52 am »
Sounds good - if I'm still in Sydney by then I'll be there - either day would be fine.  I don't have transport so I can only bring gear if someone could offer me a lift from Gladesville, but I'd like to bring my OTL amps over.

Cheers

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 3 Feb 2004, 06:29 am »
Cool :thumb: I don't mind giving you a ride if needed.

I'm going to pull it forward a bit, that turns out to be easier for a couple folks, so let's say Saturday 28th February!

TG

« Reply #3 on: 4 Feb 2004, 03:05 am »
I just realised that Saturdays will be difficult for me  :oops:
I'll call you this evening.
TG

Andy G

maybe, just maybe.....
« Reply #4 on: 10 Feb 2004, 07:14 am »
.. I can make it on Saturday 28th Feb, assuming the car is co-operative :-?.

(or 14th March)  Those are the only free days i have !

would only bring a pair of untweaked budget tapered pipes with an iffy paint job !! and maybe I can play with something else before then too we will see !!

Andy G

Stacks....
« Reply #5 on: 10 Feb 2004, 10:47 am »
.. just decide to redo the x-o in Stacks...

I'll bring them with me too, remember they were built as an excerise in imaging.. I think you will be impressed with that aspect of them, although they are a tad lacking in the bass department !! :roll:

JohnR

« Reply #6 on: 10 Feb 2004, 11:59 pm »
OK, cool, let's make it the 28th then! I'll try to get some eq built for my subs and we can try them with the stacks if you like.

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #7 on: 11 Feb 2004, 07:23 pm »
Toni and Malcolm will be there.
Anything you want me to bring?

JohnR

« Reply #8 on: 17 Feb 2004, 08:42 am »
Would you be willing to bring over the GK1? We could see how my cliplead special stacks up

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/modules.php?set_albumName=JohnR&id=proto3&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

Andy G

John....what time at your place?? nt
« Reply #9 on: 17 Feb 2004, 09:07 am »
.???

Malcolm Fear

« Reply #10 on: 17 Feb 2004, 05:30 pm »
Hi Andy. The last post was aimed at me.
The GK-1 is the AKSA hybrid pre amp.

Hi Jon. I will bring the GK-1.
It should be interesting. I have changed it a lot since last we compared. Shunt mode Riken/DACT, black gates, more Rikens.

JohnR

« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2004, 10:27 pm »
Cool :thumb:

Andy, I'll PM you with some directions and stuff. Starting around noon?

Andy G

okey dokey !!
« Reply #12 on: 18 Feb 2004, 12:24 am »
see ya then I hope !!

should hopefully have got around to playing with that mic by then too, and will return it ... thanks for that  8)