Nuforce Europe Prices

thanosz

Nuforce Europe Prices
« on: 24 Mar 2010, 07:36 pm »
Hi,

I have the Icon and S1. I am planning on getting the W-1, HDP as well as the 42W power supply. I keep putting this off because I cannot get around the fact that prices in EUR are much higher than the US.
I expected the prices to be the same as US but in EUR?

Jason, can you please shed some light on this?

Thanks.

Caar

Re: Nuforce Europe Prices
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2010, 08:39 pm »
That's never gonna happen - blood sucking import taxes we europeans pay are a sad fact of life. :bawl: :bawl:
That applies to NuForce and everything else that comes out of EU.
Cheers.

thanosz

« Reply #2 on: 25 Mar 2010, 05:14 pm »
One of the reasons I am asking is that I remember it was mentioned in another thread that the EU prices should be equivalent to US in EUR.

Caar

« Reply #3 on: 25 Mar 2010, 11:55 pm »
1€=1,33 US$.
So, in fact, if import taxes are around 30-35%, cost of equipment should be the same but in Euros.
But transport costs are to be added.
Still some prices over here, in Europe, are much higher (greed of the distributers, in my opinion).
McIntosh MC2102 6500 $US(4887€) I think ->8 100 € I know, for example.
NuForce Magic Cube MSRP $249/unit -> I was asked by NuForce distributer to pay 430€/unit.
Contacted NuForce and bought directly from their sales service. $249/unit, 2 units ($498) + 4 filters ($199,80) + transport ($100)=$797,8= 699,8€.
That's life.
Cheers

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #4 on: 29 Mar 2010, 11:19 am »
It is not just the import and transportation cost, but also the local cost.  Labor, rent, health benefits etc for your distributor and dealer are all higher than US.  You can't ask your dealer to provide you with the service but not willing to pay them for it.

I think there was a mistake with the dealer quote on Magic Cube and we made one exception to sell the Magic Cube since the distributor don't carry it.  In general, you can't order products from Nuforce directly when there is already a distributor in your country.