S-1, S-2 questions

mobile

S-1, S-2 questions
« on: 21 Mar 2010, 11:42 pm »
I've been interested in the Icon/S-1 system for some time, but I see that S-1 has been discontinued and I'm considering my options. Sound quality is a primary consideration and I'm not as interested in the S-X if the S-1 and S-2 are at a higher level.

First of all, is the S-1 now completely unavailable anywhere (besides the used market)?

I saw elsewhere in the forum that a two-way S-2 will be released this year. What is the size difference between S-1 and S-2? The current Icon has an EQ circuit tailored for the S-1. Will there be a new Icon to match the S-2?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: S-1, S-2 questions
« Reply #1 on: 22 Mar 2010, 07:08 am »
We will have some S-1 (silver/silver only) for sale by end of the month. These are the last remaining stocks.

Actually I would say S-X performs almost the same as S-1, they are just slightly different.

S-2 is designed to be a two way speaker at much higher price point and can be driven by high power amps.

mobile

« Reply #2 on: 30 Mar 2010, 06:12 am »
By your description, should I assume that the S-2 will be a passive speaker? For me, HDP connected to an active speaker would be ideal. Also, is the S-2 closer to bookshelf rather than desktop size?

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #3 on: 5 Apr 2010, 11:55 am »
S-2 is passive and bookshelf size (it is not small)