Automatically Added To iTunes Folder

timztunz

Automatically Added To iTunes Folder
« on: 18 Mar 2010, 10:39 am »
Following is a post I've left at a couple of other forums but not getting any answers.

I'm using a PC with dBpoweramp to rip CD's into two formats, WAV and AIFF, sending the WAV files to a NAS and the AIFF files to a Firewire external drive connected to the Mac Mini. All of which are on a home network. I have iTunes pointing to a folder on the external drive and have the ripped files being sent to the "Automatically Added to iTunes" folder. If I just copy a folder (or folders) to that "Automatically Added to iTunes" folder, when I start iTunes it does indeed automatically add them to the iTunes library and puts the folders/files neatly away where they're supposed to go. EXCEPT for folders that are created by and fed to the folder by the multiple output process of the ripped files.  They just sit there, like they're waiting for someone to bring them a beer or something.

Does anyone have any ideas on why the auto add feature works on folders I copy there and not on the ones created by the ripping process?

Thanks for any help!

timztunz

Re: Automatically Added To iTunes Folder
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2010, 08:41 pm »
Not much chance of Mac people taking over this forum......LOL

dvenardos

Re: Automatically Added To iTunes Folder
« Reply #2 on: 18 Mar 2010, 09:37 pm »
Have you looked at the permissions of the files resulting from the copy versus automated process?
I am not a regular on this subforum so you may need to PM me. :)
I use PCs and Macs.