Short and longterm future of Response Audio

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Short and longterm future of Response Audio
« on: 15 Mar 2010, 06:29 pm »
Have no worries, all changes are due to expansion and growth and not demise.

Some may recall that we moved our electronic benches to a smaller facility mid 2009 due to the falling economy as well as what we thought would make for better use of our time and capital. This would allow us to spend more evenings working on customer orders while the days were spent at the woodworking facility. In the end, the inrush of orders caused too much running back and forth to get orders completed.

Added to this was our new OEM design and manufacturing contracts which quickly caused us to outgrow our smaller location causing a bottleneck in our efficiency which resulted in delays to our customers which is unacceptable :nono:.

Now with the new showroom also due to open very soon, it only makes sense to have all my eggs in one building.

Over the next couple days, we will be moving everything back into our large commercial facility where we will have a lot more room for working as well as storage to be able to run much more efficiently. Benches, test equipment and instrumentation has already been moved with all parts pins and shelving units making their way over tomorrow. The next couple days will then be spent arranging everything so we can quickly get back to work by the weekend at the latest.

These changes will allow us to be more efficient in every aspect of our design, manufacturing and modification services offered.

We apologize for the inconvenience of this short delay but in the end, it only means a more fluid running operation allowing us to provide you the customer service and quick turnaround times Response Audio has been known for over the past 14 years.

Who knew after the unpredictable 2009 year that 2010 would start off with such a bang. We look forward to offering our customers exceptional audiophile products for many decades to come!

arthurs

Re: Short and longterm future of Response Audio
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2010, 06:36 pm »
Have no worries, all changes are due to expansion and growth.

Good things DO happen to good people!  Congrats Bill!

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #2 on: 15 Mar 2010, 06:43 pm »
Thank you for that Art.

In light of the way this year is starting out, I had to make one of the most difficult decisions I've had to make in a long time. For the past 7 years I have been coaching little league baseball and football as well as running one of the devisions of the league. This year I made the decision NOT to coach. I will be around to help out but simply could not dedicate the kind of time it takes to run a team. Besides, I think it was time for my boys to have a break from me :green: I just hope I can handle being on the other side of the fence.

shadowlight

« Reply #3 on: 15 Mar 2010, 06:50 pm »
Congratulation Bill on the expansion.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 15 Mar 2010, 09:13 pm »
Congratulation Bill on the expansion

Thank you!

We are also going to start having some traffic through the showroom. Especially with the guest speakers arriving under the new showroom concept we started this year. This year should be both exciting and more productive.