Icon HDP volume discrepancy

Lyosha

Icon HDP volume discrepancy
« on: 14 Mar 2010, 03:40 pm »
Hello, I am thinking about buying Icon HDP but I am concerned about the reported discrepancy between left and right channels at the low volume setting. I like listening to the headphones while working and the very low volume setting is exactly what I like. What causes it? Is it the volume control itself? Is there any plans to address it? Thanks.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
Re: Icon HDP volume discrepancy
« Reply #1 on: 15 Mar 2010, 06:41 pm »
Casey and others have provided extensive posts on this topic already.
Every IEM will exhibit different sound level at very very low volume.

Jason

Lyosha

« Reply #2 on: 16 Mar 2010, 12:35 am »
Hi Jason, thank you for your reply. I apologize, I just started reading on AudioCircle. Please do not think i was trying to demean your products in any way, it's just happen that I like to listen to the headphones at the very low volume level and I was concerned about some people reporting this (maybe) problem. By the was I already have the uDAC (absolutely amazing product for the money) and that one does not have this issue at all. Thanks again, you guys come up with amazing stuff, real giant killers.       

Lyosha

« Reply #4 on: 17 Mar 2010, 10:59 am »
Thank you Jason.
By the way, I have ordered Icon HDP, can't wait to get it :)

Lyosha

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2010, 10:28 pm »
Hi Jason,
I have received Icon HDP and I am very happy to report that while listening at the quiet, comfortable level there is no discrepancy between the left and the right channels. I tried two different headphones – no problem whatsoever! I had nothing to worry about. By the way, even unbroken in HDP sounds very, very nice, thank you very much!   

rudy99

« Reply #6 on: 22 Apr 2010, 07:31 am »
how does the usb dac on the hdp compare to te udac?

rudy99

« Reply #7 on: 22 Apr 2010, 07:37 am »
hi,,, thats boss u just got  your dac:)   have u commpared it to  thing else yet?

im contemplatingg getting the udac,, maybe i should get this

udac says its usb 2.0 compatable what the mean,, while the hdp is usb 2.0?

thanks

Hi Jason,
I have received Icon HDP and I am very happy to report that while listening at the quiet, comfortable level there is no discrepancy between the left and the right channels. I tried two different headphones – no problem whatsoever! I had nothing to worry about. By the way, even unbroken in HDP sounds very, very nice, thank you very much!

SOMagic

« Reply #8 on: 22 Apr 2010, 07:51 am »
hi,,, thats boss u just got  your dac:)   have u commpared it to  thing else yet?

im contemplatingg getting the udac,, maybe i should get this

udac says its usb 2.0 compatable what the mean,, while the hdp is usb 2.0?

thanks

HDP DAC  supports hi resolution files upto 24bit 96kHz via USB and also upto 24bit 192 (via coax & toslink-optical), uDac supports only 16bit 44.1kHz (so called CD quality or redbook).
Also HDP DAC is much much better for redbook as well.
And HDP has much much better headphone amplifier than uDac.