The Riddick Cronicles

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
The Riddick Cronicles
« on: 31 Jan 2004, 04:21 am »
I just saw a trailer for the on MSN- strange but interesting.  I've been pretty anxious for the next installments ever since Pitch Black came out.  Having Thandie Newton in it is a big plus, too.

Hope they didn't fuck up a great movie with a crappy sequel.

Ears

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2004, 03:20 pm »
Ditto... Pitch Black is one of my favorite all time movies.

bubba966

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #2 on: 31 May 2004, 06:10 am »
Have seen a few trailers these last few days.

And it's not lookin so hot if you ask me... :(

Smeggy

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #3 on: 31 May 2004, 10:18 am »
Ah, I'm looking forward to this little treasure. It definately looks over the top and not exactely what I was expecting as a follow on from PB but what the hell. I'm sure I'll love it to bits  :mrgreen:

PeteG

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #4 on: 31 May 2004, 03:46 pm »
I seen the trailer when I watched "day after tomorrow" (not to bad),
and I will definitey go see it.

Quote from: Ears
Ditto... Pitch Black is one of my favorite all time movies.

I see Pitch Black: Unrated Director's Cut comes out June 1, does any one
know if it's different than the first release on DVD.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #5 on: 31 May 2004, 08:57 pm »
I hadn't heard of a new version of Pitch Black.  It's one of my favorites, so I might have to check it out, but the timing would seem to suggest a grab-at-the-cash created to coincide with the new one.

I can see that instead of a compact psychological thriller, this time they've opted for an over-the-top blockbusting CGI-fest.  That's a bit disappointing, but I'll definately give it the benefit of the doubt.[/i]

Ears

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #6 on: 17 Jun 2004, 04:55 am »
The script is a bit thin but there are great special affects, along whith a great picture and sound.

If Pitch Black is 5/5, then Riddick is 3-3.5/5

Greg

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2004, 02:29 am »
Okay, I finally caught this one- I say two thumbs up, way up.  I really dug it.  The effects & visuals of the film are really cool, and there's some humor to it.  Vastly vasly better than the last flick I caught (a groan inducing movie called "Van Helsing"- ugh!  :x ).

witchdoctor

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #8 on: 4 Jul 2004, 02:41 am »
This movie was boring, except fot the hot chick with the long neck.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #9 on: 4 Jul 2004, 02:46 am »
Hmmm...you mean Thandie Newton?  I didn't realize her neck was longer than normal.

Oh, well.  One man's trash is another mans treasure.  Having been a big fan of Pitch Black, I liked the main character enough to find it very engrossing.

Jon L

The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #10 on: 4 Jul 2004, 02:52 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
Hmmm...you mean Thandie Newton?  I didn't realize her neck was longer than normal.

Oh, well.  One man's trash is another mans treasure.  Having been a big fan of Pitch Black, I liked the main character enough to find it very engrossing.

Warning:  If you haven't seen the movie, do not read onward.

What killed the movie for me was the whole "You keep what you kill" deal.  Sounds cool initially, but it is totally ludicrous.  Imagine the Necromonger army is in a war with another army.  All the other army has to concentrate on is to assisinate the Necromonger King.  The enemy suddenly becomes the KING of Necromonger Army instantly, and NecroMonger pundits have no choice but to follow the new King!!!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
The Riddick Cronicles
« Reply #11 on: 4 Jul 2004, 03:17 am »
Yeah, that part is a stretch.  However, in the film it seemed to be implied that the rule applied to primarily to single combat, although the fact that the LotR guy planned to step in and finish him seems to refute my assumption.