Old speakers died, time for some new

NeilT

Re: Old speakers died, time for some new
« Reply #20 on: 4 Mar 2010, 02:30 am »
Thanks for the incouragement and my thoughts exactlly with the driver/no-rez upgrade.

Neil

Nick77

« Reply #21 on: 4 Mar 2010, 01:11 pm »
The OB7 still amaze me how they can reveal so much detail. Changes in cables or electronics are readily revealed and they love good sources and recordings. If you have better electronics these will really shine. I dont have the servo sub yet but got to hear the two together at a Austin GTG and the combo is outstanding. I know these are scattered about and maybe you can audition. Definatly do the driver upgrade as the bass is very tight and sufficent on most music. I recently paired these with the new ClassD Audio kit amp that has a big thread on cheap and cheerful and the combo is VERY good.

NeilT

« Reply #22 on: 4 Mar 2010, 03:15 pm »
Sounds great, I am new and taking one step at a time. I think the speakers are a good place to start and will serve as a reference if I upgrade my mid-fi electronics later. I would love to audition a pair, if I could find someone in So Cal. I am hoping and almost 100% convinced that the OB's will blow away my overpriced commercial box speakers.
Has anyone compared Danny's stuff to Paradigm or Revel?
Thanks for the advise.
Neil

dvenardos

« Reply #23 on: 4 Mar 2010, 06:04 pm »
I am dying, just dying to have OB speakers, but don't lose sight of this comment.

The thing with OBs is that you need to place them off the front wall a minimum of 3' and 4-5' is better.

Here is a great deal on a pair of O3 that are being sold just for this reason. I have really tried to figure out a way to get them in my room, but it just isn't going to happen.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=77887.0