Movie "Moon"

Bigfish

Movie "Moon"
« on: 28 Feb 2010, 11:44 pm »
I rented the movie "Moon" this weekend from BB and if I were to rate it purely from my rating scale I would have to give it 2 out of 5 stars because I feel asleep.  However, the movie is better much better than 2 stars, probably 3.5 out of 5.  The movie stars Sam Rockwell and reminds me of an older make SiFi Flick.  I hope some of you guys will rent this one and express your reviews!

Ken

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
Re: Movie "Moon"
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2010, 11:58 pm »
I ordered it on Blu Ray from Amazon.com on Friday so it will be on my "to watch" list for sometime next week.

--Jerome

reddmadder

« Reply #2 on: 1 Mar 2010, 12:16 am »
It reminded me of  Byron Haskins "Robinson Crusoe on Mars"(1964)in a very subtle way with a heavy influence of Kubrick's 2001. 

jtsnead

« Reply #3 on: 1 Mar 2010, 01:26 am »
watched it last night, pretty good I thought,
Kevin Spacey as the voice of the robot was great

"I am here to help you Sam"

emac

« Reply #4 on: 1 Mar 2010, 01:59 am »
Definitely not a Sci-Fi action flick.  More cerebral, like some of the 1970's movies.  Entertaining, but also not a movie to watch if you're tired.

ajzepp

« Reply #5 on: 5 Mar 2010, 04:29 am »
I loved this film....one of my favorites from last year  :thumb:

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #6 on: 9 Mar 2010, 12:40 am »
What an engaging film!  One of the more intelligent Sci-Fi movies I have seen in quite some time.

--Jerome

dhwilkin

« Reply #7 on: 9 Mar 2010, 12:46 am »
Really enjoyed this film in the theater, enough that I bought the Blu-Ray. Not the best choice if you want action or want to give your mind a break, though.

jsaliga

• Restricted
  • Vinyl Provocateur
    • The Spinning Record
« Reply #8 on: 9 Mar 2010, 01:14 am »
One of the things that I really appreciated about Moon was that it followed through and delivered at the end.  Unlike Sunshine, which I also recently watched.  That film was brilliant until it fell apart in the third act.

--Jerome