FS: Bel Canto PL-2 Universal Player (SACD, DVD-A, Redbook) with DVI SOLD

watercourse

$1200 $1000 $850 includes shipping and Paypal OBO. Giving AC members the best price - the lowest I've seen for this  model anywhere.

Very good to excellent condition, 2nd owner,  priced accordingly (originally $5200). No problems functionally or cosmetically, it is a solid 8/10 on the Agon scale. Stellar video, SACD, DVD-A and Redbook playback. It is based on the excellent Pioneer transport mechanism.

This one has the DVI output, a $500 option,  as well as multiple digital outputs (AES/EBU, RCA, BNC, optical).

Not  much is found on the interwebs about this unit, but I've compared it to the Cary DVD8, Arcam DV139, and Denon 3910, and the PL-2 audio playback is much more refined and natural to my ears than any of the above, and none of those units are slouches.

If you like Bel Canto's DAC2 or DAC3, you will really enjoy the SACD and DVD-A playback - it is on par  or surpasses DAC3's redbook playback depending on the recording. Redbook playback is also very nice, detailed, and musical. I own and love the DAC3 and have compared the two units extensively - play back is good enough that I debated using the PL2 as the only digital source in my main system, and using the DAC3 in a music server/office system.

Original box, remote, manual. Photos available on request. Feedback under Agon and Audio Asylum under same handle: watercourse

Thanks and happy Year of the Tiger!
http://www.belcantodesign.com/prod_playerPL2.html                                                         
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2010, 05:56 pm by watercourse »

Sonny

Bump for a great guy and a great player...I've heard it at Wilson's and it sounded great...he is only upgrading!

T

watercourse

Labor Day weekend BUMP