HT2-TL's are here!!!

skidro

HT2-TL's are here!!!
« on: 28 Feb 2010, 01:52 pm »
I've been listening to my new HT2-TL's since early Thursday morning and they are simply sensational!!!!!! NOW, I already have a pair of Sontowers (dome tweet) AND a pair of HT-1's (non-tl), so I thought I knew what to expect. I always loved the ribbon in the HT-1's along with their magnificent clarity overall, but also enjoyed the extra bass the Songtowers gave me on certain recordings. I am still impressed with the quality the Songtowers deliver for the price!!!! But I always wondered just how impressive the HT2-TL's would be with the combination of the transmission line cabinet and the ribbon tweet. WELL......even beyond my expectations!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clarity, effortless extension, power, nuance, delicacy, sweetness, and control all bundled together in such a way as to totally captivate the listener!!!!!!!!!! Truly more than the sum of its parts, and a new level of perfection for me. I truly love all 3 sets of Salks, and will be keeping all of them, but the HT2's are just incredible!!!!!!! For anyone out there considering Salk speakers, you can't go wrong with any of these, but if your budget allows the HT2-TL's GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!! Obviously, you would expect better performance from the more expensive model, but these HT2's are exceptional in every way and it is really hard to stop listening  :thumb:. Guess I'm just a Salkaholic.......a VERY happy one  :dance:!!!!!!

Greg

Kinger

Re: HT2-TL's are here!!!
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2010, 02:03 pm »
Man, that's a lot of Salk's in one house.  Jealous  :green:

evan1

« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2010, 02:09 pm »
I'm jealous also :icon_frown:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #3 on: 28 Feb 2010, 02:13 pm »
Congrats, skidro!!! :thumb:    Where's the pics?  :dunno:

Have fun,
Jerry

Sonix

« Reply #4 on: 28 Feb 2010, 02:22 pm »
Hey Greg!

Congratulations!!! :thumb:

Are you still using your Audio by Van Alstine for your new HT2-TLs?

Best Regards,
Ken

skidro

« Reply #5 on: 28 Feb 2010, 03:03 pm »
Sorry, no pics......I don't own a camera of any kind and have never had any interest in photography. I am using the VanAlstine amp on the HT1's along with a Promitheus dual box TVC. The HT2's are currently powered by an Emotiva stack (erc-1,usp-1,xpa-2) which are producing quite exceptionally fine sound!!!!!! I think the Emotiva gear is awesome for the $. The Songtowers are powered by an Adcom 5802 and Channel Islands passive pre. I'm very pleased at the sound of all 3 systems, but may swap the VanAlstine into the HT2 system at some point just for comparison purposes. I am interested in the VanAlstine vision DAC, and it may eventually be my next purchase, but I've got to "recover" for awhile first  :lol:!!!

Marbles

« Reply #6 on: 28 Feb 2010, 03:20 pm »
So are HT3's next?

taoggniklat

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2010, 04:03 pm »

Art_Chicago

« Reply #8 on: 28 Feb 2010, 04:30 pm »
So are HT3's next?

and then HT-4  :D

ctouhey

« Reply #9 on: 28 Feb 2010, 04:32 pm »
Sorry, no pics......I don't own a camera of any kind ... [snip]

What about a cell phone pic? Disposable camera?  We need pics with this thread!

Nuance

« Reply #10 on: 28 Feb 2010, 07:55 pm »
Congrats, skidro.  You're a lucky man. 

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2010, 10:10 pm »
What about a cell phone pic? Disposable camera?  We need pics with this thread!

Maybe if Jim took a photo before he shipped them he could post a pic?

I'd like to see them.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2010, 10:19 pm »
Sorry, no pics......I don't own a camera of any kind and have never had any interest in photography. I am using the VanAlstine amp on the HT1's along with a Promitheus dual box TVC. The HT2's are currently powered by an Emotiva stack (erc-1,usp-1,xpa-2) which are producing quite exceptionally fine sound!!!!!! I think the Emotiva gear is awesome for the $. The Songtowers are powered by an Adcom 5802 and Channel Islands passive pre. I'm very pleased at the sound of all 3 systems, but may swap the VanAlstine into the HT2 system at some point just for comparison purposes. I am interested in the VanAlstine vision DAC, and it may eventually be my next purchase, but I've got to "recover" for awhile first  :lol: !!!

So Greg, what veneer did you choose for your HT-2TL's? Thanks.  :D

Cheers,
Robin

skidro

« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2010, 11:41 pm »
Hello, I chose the standard satin black with a baffle-less, smooth front. My room is painted light gray with silver-gray carpet and the black looks fantastic to me. The Sontowers that previously resided in that spot before being moved to a bedroom system were also satin black and I just liked the look. The rack and all equipment in it is also black and it makes for a stealthy looking system. Really sorry that I have no way to photograph the 3 different sytems, but even if I did I wouldn't know how to get them onto the computer and into this thread. I'm decent with audio-video hookups, but barely more than helpless with computers. As you can see with this being only my 11'th post, I don't use the computer any more than I have to (other than for gathering audio info)......takes away listening time from my Salks :wink:!!!!!!!!! I really do enjoy all these systems at various times, but I will certainly be concentrating a lot of listening on the HT2-tl's as I am still amazed at all they can do!!!!!! Of course, when I listen to the others I'm still awed at their abilities as well. I am located in Northwestern Pa. about 20 minutes from the Ohio border, so if there are any of you considering Salk speakers that are close enough to come take a listen, you are quite welcome to do so!!!!! If interested, best to contact me at gregro@pymtele.net. I do very much enjoy reading this forum, and find all the other Salk owners to be extremely helpful and quick to lend assistance and information. I must also say that Jim Salk is simply incredible to deal with and helpful beyond all expectations!!!!!! I found Frank Van Alstine to be the very same way!!!! Kind of nice that the guys that make such great equipment are also such great people!!!!!! Thanks again Jim :thumb:

Greg

nyc_paramedic

« Reply #14 on: 1 Mar 2010, 12:05 am »
If interested, best to contact me at your  email  .org ....
Greg

Dude! Don't post a complete email address like that lest you want to your Inbox ti fill up with copious amounts of spam. People can PM you or you could add spaces (like I did above) in your email.