Enjoyable day - actually listened to some music! First use of power conditioner

pjchappy

OK. . .I decided to work from home today.  When I do so, my work days end up MUCH longer than I want them to, as there are waayyyyyy too many distractions.  Still working, as I want to wrap up one part of my project tonight.  Regardless, I've been working from my listening position all day. . .with music going since about 2 or 3.  Been a good day!  System is sounding REALLY good, even though I'm just doing some casual listening. 

This was the first day I have ever tried a power conditioner.  Pretty significant and immediate improvement.  I'm definitely not imagining things.  Soundstage has more depth (recently gave my speakers less of a toe-in, which had previously improved the soundstage, too).  Even with casual listening at low volume levels, I'm hearing some little things I haven't heard before, including some some nice reverb decay on several different songs that I didn't notice before.  Very nice!

However, when I usually just listen, I definitely sometimes crank it a bit too much for my monitors and I'm sure they get a touch compressed and distorted, masking some details.  I don't always crank it. . .so, the details and clarity are definitely new. Quieter background?  I guess, but never noticed any "noise" before.  Definitely worth the $200 I spent on it (nothing fancy. . . just a Belkin PureAV PF60). 

With me catching up with work today, I should definitely be able to get back to working on some of my own music later in the week. . .and weekend.  Have hardly done so in the last 4 weeks.  Today's (background) listening session has definitely put me in the mood. . .and has also made me realize just how much I enjoy listening to music!!!  I actually rarely sit down and just listen anymore.  That's going to change now, for sure!   :thumb:

Paul
« Last Edit: 25 Feb 2010, 01:15 am by pjchappy »