Official Open House/ Get Together - Saturday, Feb. 27 starting ~4-5PM

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
I just got confirmation from Ken that we're going to make the Usher Mini 2 speakers happen for the get together!!....

So for this get together:

Speakers:

Usher Tiny Dancer Diamond tweeters
Usher Mini 2 with BE tweeters (we can swap in the Diamond tweeters to compare)
a new floorstander priced almost the same as the Usher Mini 2
various Harbeth models can be substituted in if folks wish...

Amplifiers:

Belles Reference 150A v2
Butler Audio TDB-2250
a new hybrid amp I'm trying out
LFD NCSE if we want to mix that in

Sources:

Oppo Digital BDP-83SE modified slightly by Sol
My audio PC with Lynx L22 sound card and M2Tech USB-SPDIF dongle
Buffalo DAC32 kit heavily modified by Sol (more to come on that in the next month or so)
a new transport and DAC I'm trying out

The main thrust of this get together is to show off a couple of the new products I'm trying out or just added to the lineup to get customer feedback.  I've tried to group the similar products.  There won't be anything formal.  But we'll do a couple unscientific comparisons of the M2Tech interface compared to the custom Lynx L22 sound card, a couple DAC comparisons, try the different transporter options, and then swap in the different speakers and get folks impressions.  They are very similarly priced, have a similar footprint, have comparable cosmetics, have very good performance, but have a different sonic signature.  So I'll be curious to see folks' preferences for one over the other.  The amp choices should allow us to find a good match to each of the speakers.

For those interested, I'll be showing off a more modestly done (and priced) home theater setup that I've been impressed with the past week or so.  I'm finally starting to be much happier with that theater room setup.  Still two more things to do in there.  But so far it's been very good.

Let me know via phone, email, PM, or posting here if you can make it.  Looking forward to seeing some folks.