VMPS Site out of date

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
VMPS Site out of date
« on: 29 Jan 2004, 06:44 am »
I notice that VMPS has introduced a couple speakers and some changes since the last website update (I don't know if it's been updated since the HD days, exept to show one pic of the Elixar).  I know your a busy guy, Brian, but are you going to have the website updated to include the RM 30's?  I know lots of people are clamoring for some more pics and info on those bad boys.

MaxCast

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jan 2004, 11:43 am »
I agree.  To a further extent, any internet company needs to keep an updated website with good pictures and details.  I know VMPS has dealers but I doubt they carry half the line.  Maybe Brian can borrow SPPres' son for a couple days  :D

rosconey

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jan 2004, 11:59 am »
when you guys get vmps web page done  go after klaus -odyssey page is older than dirt :mrgreen:

Brad

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jan 2004, 03:00 pm »
Hey, we're lucky VMPS updated LAST January.....

warnerwh

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #4 on: 6 Jun 2005, 04:29 am »
What's the word on the new site?  Alot of people would certainly appreciate a better place than this audio forum to get their information, especially new people.  I think everyone should razz Brian til it gets done.  Being remiss is one thing but.....

jimmyp58

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #5 on: 6 Jun 2005, 11:20 am »
I am trying to work with a guy that is interested in some RM30's too.  I have a customer of mine, KJ, I can refer him to.  I have referred him to this forum.  But it is so tough to compete with B&W because one, they have a nice product, two, many folks have their speakers so he has a lot of folks to turn to for advice, and three, he can't glean a nickel of info from the website 'cause it just ain't there.  Sure, I can rattle off driver size, crossover info, yadda-yadda-yadda but he wants to see it for himself on the webpage.  He is looking to drop some serious $$$ on the new B&W 803D's when I know full well the RM30's would be a better fit AND he'd save some money in the process.  But, again, he wants to see tangible info and it just isn't there.

Jim

jimmyp58

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #6 on: 6 Jun 2005, 11:21 am »
I am trying to work with a guy that is interested in some RM30's too.  I have a customer of mine, KJ, I can refer him to.  I have referred him to this forum.  But it is so tough to compete with B&W because one, they have a nice product, two, many folks have their speakers so he has a lot of folks to turn to for advice, and three, he can't glean a nickel of info from the website 'cause it just ain't there.  Sure, I can rattle off driver size, crossover info, yadda-yadda-yadda but he wants to see it for himself on the webpage.  He is looking to drop some serious $$$ on the new B&W 803D's when I know full well the RM30's would be a better fit AND he'd save some money in the process.  But, again, he wants to see tangible info and it just isn't there.

Jim

jimmyp58

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #7 on: 6 Jun 2005, 11:21 am »

Jim

jimmyp58

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #8 on: 6 Jun 2005, 11:23 am »
Oopss, no, I wasn't overzealous trying to make my point.  I inadvertently hit submit too many times.

Sorry....

Florian

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #9 on: 6 Jun 2005, 12:56 pm »
You can go to www.vmpseurope.com   its uptodate.

-Flo

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #10 on: 6 Jun 2005, 01:39 pm »
Ahh the challenges of running a small business.

Selling direct, then not keeping an updated web page is a recipe for disaster.  

These guys are too busy doing what they know best (and what they love) to learn web design and continually update the site.  Ideally, they would hire someone out to do the work for them.  

8)

JoshK

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #11 on: 6 Jun 2005, 01:44 pm »
I believe this is why JC & Brian have created all the stickies here in their forum to communicate the latest info.  I think they are using this forum to supplement their website.

cryotweaks

• Funny name. Serious audio.
    • TweekGeek.com
VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #12 on: 6 Jun 2005, 02:06 pm »
No offense, but I think you are overestimating the Audio Circle's influence.   If this is all they are doing, they won't be around long, and that would be a shame.

They actually create more work for themselves by not updating the site.  Think of the extra phone calls, the duplicate questions on forums, the duplicate questions emailed to them.  That costs time.  Time is money.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #13 on: 6 Jun 2005, 02:13 pm »
While I agree it isn't the right way to run a business...it probably isn't hurting sales or VMPS would have done something about it.

When resources are tight, we all go to fix the biggest pain points...

This obviously isn't one of them from VMPS' viewpoint.

George

CornellAlum

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #14 on: 6 Jun 2005, 02:22 pm »
Something tells me it isn't hurting sales or it would be more of a priority.  That said, why isn't it feasible to just get the files from vmpseurope, whomever that is, and upload them to the server.  Mission accomplished.

ctviggen

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #15 on: 6 Jun 2005, 02:36 pm »
Time is money, but so is updating a website.  A good website design can cost quite a bit of money.  Personally, I'd like to see VMSP update the website to be better than Europe's, which I still don't consider to be that intuitive.  However, I can also understand that this can take quite a bit of cash from other areas.  

As per B&Ws, tell him that his ear drums will explode one day due to the over-emphasis B&W places on high frequencies.  ;-)  In my mind, B&W are some of the most overrated speakers there are.   Nowhere near the level of Bose, mind you, as B&W actually has midrange, but I personally have never felt that the "hype" of B&W ever came close to reality.  Tell him to find a local shop that has a variety of speakers that will let him do a test of speakers in his price range.  If he still likes B&W after that, chances are he's looking for a sound that VMPS speakers aren't going to give him.

Andrikos

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #16 on: 6 Jun 2005, 02:41 pm »
Yep, you're not alone. I run a poll year and it was overwhelmingly agreed on that the VMPS was older than, er, old people... ;)

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #17 on: 6 Jun 2005, 02:42 pm »
Quote from: ctviggen
Time is money, but so is updating a website.  A good website design can cost quite a bit of money.  Personally, I'd like to see VMSP update the website to be better than Europe's, which I still don't consider to be that intuitive.  However, I can also understand that this can take quite a bit of cash from other areas.  

As per B&Ws, tell him that his ear drums will explode one day due to the over-emphasis B&W places on high frequencies.  ;-)  In my mind, B&W are some of the most overrated speakers there  ...

Building a decent and functional website is very cheap these days.

As for B&W speakers...three words come to mind:

marketing, marketing, marketing

Everybody knows them and it is makes them an easy sell for dealers.  It also doesn't hurt to have high margins.

George

KJ

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #18 on: 7 Jun 2005, 12:43 am »
Building a decent and functional website is very cheap these days.

As I recall, numerous AC members/VMPS owners offered to update the web site out of courtesy.  Given the age of this subject, one might argue that the marketing just isn't desired.

I will admit it is rather embarassing when you'd like to refer your friends to a nice glossy web site that provides in depth info on your VMPS speakers.  However, if Brian's current rate of orders satisfies his lifestyle/needs, then perhaps it just isn't important enough for him to update it.

-KJ

warnerwh

VMPS Site out of date
« Reply #19 on: 7 Jun 2005, 02:44 am »
It actually makes more work for him due to the fact getting the information is a difficult task. The stickies help but are not as comprehensive as they could be.