Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
Re: My phone line is down.
« Reply #20 on: 13 Aug 2012, 05:47 pm »
Danny, you're too patient with AT&T, IMHO.  :P

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 14 Aug 2012, 02:32 pm »
Day two of no phone lines and no Internet access. AT@T is killing me. Again I am here using my wife's touch screen device. It is horrible to type on.

johnzm

« Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2012, 03:10 pm »
this is pretty horrible, seems like its the 4th time ive seen a thread like this in the last year from you Danny.   ditch those phones and get comcast bundle or something. 

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 14 Aug 2012, 10:04 pm »
Some company was putting in new fiber optic lines down the street and digging trenches for the new lines and they cut the phone lines. They got both of my lines and the Internet line.

The phone company currently by-passed the cut line to get my Internet connect and my main phone line back up.

They will have to work on a permanent fix tomorrow. So I could be down again.

Yes, I have had it with phone lines. It is time to find a better solution.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #24 on: 15 Aug 2012, 01:48 pm »
Ironically, it could be an AT&T contractor laying in the new fiber optic lines.  They may be preping your neighborhood for AT&T Uverse service.  AT&T's copper techs and fiber optic techs are completely separate groups, so I wouldn't be surprised if your copper guy wouldn't know whether or not the fiber laying crew is associated with AT&T.

Rember back when judge Green broke up AT&T's monopoly?  A bit funny that over the years, AT&T has gradually come back together as a monopoly.  :roll:

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 15 Aug 2012, 02:32 pm »
Ironically, it could be an AT&T contractor laying in the new fiber optic lines.  They may be preping your neighborhood for AT&T Uverse service.  AT&T's copper techs and fiber optic techs are completely separate groups, so I wouldn't be surprised if your copper guy wouldn't know whether or not the fiber laying crew is associated with AT&T.

Rember back when judge Green broke up AT&T's monopoly?  A bit funny that over the years, AT&T has gradually come back together as a monopoly.  :roll:

That's true. The AT&T repair guy had no idea what company was laying the fiber optic lines.