For Sale - Bolder Modded Squeezebox Duet

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
For Sale - Bolder Modded Squeezebox Duet
« on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:19 am »
The Duet is THE best solution available for PC based audio, particularly after modding.  Because it's wireless, it has none of the issues that USB based audio has with master and slave clocking.  I had this duet modded to be the "ultimate" music server possible.  Original cost was $3k, I'm letting it go for [price drop] $1500.

Here is a description of the upgrades done to this unit:

"The power supply for the Duet is the Ultimate PS with Bybee Purifiers. Cryo-treated, silver plated IEC, fuse holder, and fuse. All internal wiring is cryo treated solid core silver. It has a monstrous power transformer for the current, Fairchild Stealth HexFreds, Jensen four pole caps and FOUR Slipstream Bybee Purifiers. The circuit uses a current tracking pre-regulator and a "regular" voltage regulator. The DC cable is made with all solid core, 99.9995% pure silver.  And the circuit board is hand made from 1/8 thick fiberglass. I use the turret board technique for running point to point wire. This is the same sort of thing used in the hand built, boutique guitar amps. It ensures a quality mechanical and electrical connection with minimal susceptibility to vibration. The case is made from steel to deflect RFI and EMI. I line the interior of the case with a material similar to Dynamat to dampen the resonances. I also use some Ebony pucks on the capacitors, circuit board and transformer for resonance control.  The XLR connector uses silver for it's contacts.

The DC cable is the Summit. The DUETmods you have is the Full Enthusiast Plus Ultra. It has V-caps for analog output,WBT NextGen connectors, Paul Hynes shunt regulator for digital section, BOLDER regulator for 5 volt section. Lots of upgraded internal power supply caps."
« Last Edit: 14 Jun 2010, 05:34 am by Tyson »

jbeard

Re: For Sale - Bolder Modded Squeezebox Duet
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2010, 08:41 pm »
email sent.

Tyson

Re: For Sale - Bolder Modded Squeezebox Duet
« Reply #2 on: 27 Feb 2010, 10:36 pm »
Bump.

Tyson