2 BP pre's/1 MPS2

werd

2 BP pre's/1 MPS2
« on: 19 Feb 2010, 12:02 am »
Hello folks

I am wandering if anyone has ever tried pairing two pre's into one mps2?
It would run like a dual mono pre, with the mps2 mutiple power outs this is possible. I don't think anyone other than James might be able to do this. I would be interested in knowing if there are any sonic advantages to do this.

So there would be one pre for the left channel and one pre for the right channel. Is this even possible, would it work? Probably would. Thought of this in shower..... mind wanders...  :lol:

drummermitchell

Re: 2 BP pre's/1 MPS2
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2010, 02:24 am »
Werd,instead of showerin,take a bath.

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2010, 04:16 am »

I think we mono preamps you might be able to get a test disc that will be able to use pure sonic energy (like those units they sell to clean coins and jewelry) to clean yourself nicely so you won't have to shower :green:

werd

« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2010, 09:18 am »

hehe

I came up with the "Axis of Audio" while in the bath.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2010, 12:08 pm »
It the very early days of DD 5.1 we did a surround demo with PMC in LA at the AES Pro Show and we used three BP-25's for the surround set up fed from 3 Prism stereo dacs. 

We had to put little pencil marks on each of the 3 volume knobs on the BP25's so when we did the demo the individual channel levels would all match. :D

james
« Last Edit: 19 Feb 2010, 05:50 pm by James Tanner »

werd

« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2010, 05:36 pm »
It the very early days of DD 5.1 we did a surround demo with PMC in LA at the AES Pro Show and we used  three BP-25's for the surround set up fed from 3 Prism stereo dacs. 

We had to put little pencil marks on each of the 3 volume knobs on the BP25's so when we did the demo the individual channel levels would all match. :D

james

Now we could just set volume controls to zero and use the remotes.